14 ♡'・

"everybody get your gi's on, training starts in 5 minutes" sensei said walking out of his office.

we all just looked at each other confused.

"yeah, what's wrong?" sensei asked "nothings wrong i just thought we were going to the woods for a special training today" miguel answered "what's happening in the woods?" sensei asked "well, i thought it was a good time to separate the men from the boys" kreese said "and the girls too i suppose" kreese added "how?" sensei asked "Coyote Creek" kreese answered "i'm not sure they're ready for that" sensei said "there's only one way to find out" kreese said "we're ready sensei, we wanna prove ourselves" hawk spoke up "it's up to sensei lawrence, if he says it's ok then, and only then, is it ok" kreese said.

we all looked at sensei, waiting for him to say something.

"all right, what are you waiting for? let's go" sensei said.

"he can walk for all i care" i whispered to tory.

her, miguel and aisha are all riding with me to Coyote Creek and hawk doesn't have a ride so they want me to take him too.

"tess, you know he wouldn't make you walk" tory whispered back "he's changed so much he probably would" i whispered again "maybe this your guys' chance to talk" tory said "i have nothing to say to him" i said "ok, then just play music" tory said, i just sighed "let's go, we don't have all day" i said to miguel, hawk and aisha, tory smiled "that's my girl" she said as we walked to my car.

we finally got to Coyote Creek, the car ride was awkward so i played music, miguel, tory and aisha sat in the back and hawk sat in the passengers seat, i just pretended he wasn't there.

"gentlemen, ladies, welcome to Coyote Creek" kreese started "you've been split into two teams, red and black, the goal is to capture as many headbands as possible from the other side" kreese continued.

i was on the red team with hawk and aisha, tory and miguel were on the black team.

"today, the people across from you are not your friends, they're not your brothers, they are the enemy, the last team standing wins" kreese finished "how do we get the headbands?" miguel asked "by any means possible, no rules" kreese answered "use your judgment, this is just a training exercise" sensei said "correct, but remember, this is your life" kreese said holding up a headband "you lose it, you die" kreese said.

"hey guys, sorry i'm late, traffic on the 118 was a real bitch, put Coyote Creek in the nav, nothing came up" chubs said, we all gave him weird looks "what have you done to yourself?" sensei asked "oh, the" chubs said pointing to his body "yeah, you know what, i just decided to flip the script, hawk-style, respect" chubs said taking his sunglasses off "heretofore, you can refer to me, as stingray" chubs said "yeah, all right chubs, he's on your team" sensei said to kreese "terrific" kreese said.

me and aisha were walking around and talking "he tried to beat demetri up over a Yelp review?" aisha asked "yeah, it was totally childish" i said "so what'd you do?" aisha asked "i broke up with him, i wasn't gonna date an asshole" i answered "how'd that go?" aisha asked "not good, i still cry about it but that stays between us" i laughed.

aisha got out so i was all by myself, i was doing pretty good, i got 5 headbands so far.

i was walking through the woods when i heard leaves crunching, i turned around to see hawk.

"i've been looking for you, babe" hawk said walking closer to me "one, don't call me that and two, why?" i asked "because i wanna talk to you" hawk answered "but i don't wanna talk to you" i said then started walking away "please let me explain" hawk said stopping me.

he gently pushed me against a tree and put both his arms on the tree so i couldn't move, even i could feel the tension between us.

"what?" i asked, i wanted to get this conversation over with "i miss you" hawk said "well you shouldn't have tried to beat demetri up and say 'i wouldn't wanna have to hit you, tess' the other day at the mall" i said "you know i wouldn't hit you, hell i wouldn't let anyone hurt you" hawk said, my eyes softened for a moment.

i stayed quiet and so did hawk, hawk then leaned in, i did too but stopped myself "hawk, i can't" i gently pushed him back then walked away.

hawk was taken back and a little sad at the fact that tessa had just called him hawk instead of eli, he watched as tessa walked away.

i just got out so i made my way to everyone else, once i got there i saw tory and aisha talking.

"it's all right ms. smith you'll get 'em next time" sensei said patting my shoulder, i just nodded and headed over to tory and aisha.

"they got you out too?" tory asked "yeah" i answered "i'm surprised you guys are out" i said "i should say the same for you" tory said "i guess it's just hawk and miguel left" aisha said.

me, tory and aisha were all talking when we heard loud grunting "is that miguel and hawk?" someone asked, me and tory just looked at each other then jogged towards the grunting.

once we got there i seen hawk on the ground and miguel holding up hawks headband "finish him" kreese whispered, miguel nodded and kicked hawk in the head causing everyone to gasp "team black!" miguel yelled holding up hawks headband again, the black team just cheered for him.

i walked up to hawk who was still on the ground "are you ok?" i asked, he just looked at me "tess, i'm so sor-" he started but got cut off by stingray getting out of his hiding spot and putting miguel in a chokehold "you know the thing about stingrays is, they lie and wait for the perfect opportunity to strike!" stingray yelled pulling miguel's headband off and pushing him "the red team just won!" stingray yelled, the red team cheered for him.

me and sensei walked up to miguel "what the hell was that?" sensei asked "that's not how i taught you to fight" sensei added "it's what sensei kreese taught us, this isn't a tournament, this is real life" miguel said "is that how you wanna live your life?" sensei asked then walked away, i just walked to aisha.

~The next day (Monday)~
-Tessa's pov-

i was sitting in sensei's office talking to him about hawk "i just don't know what to do" i said "you should talk to him" sensei said "did any of your ex's try to talk to you after a breakup?" i asked "yeah, all the time" sensei answered, i raised my eyebrows and laughed "hey, i'm serious" sensei said walking out of his office "yeah, i'm sure you are" i said following him and still laughing, he just playfully shoved me.

"everybody fall in" sensei said, we all did as he said "today, we'll be learning one of the most important lessons a Cobra Kai could ever know" sensei said "where's sensei kreese?" hawk asked "yeah, shouldn't we wait for the sensei emeritus before we get going?" stingray asked, sensei just glared at stingray "or not" stingray said.

"mr. kreese will no longer be joining us" sensei said making everyone confused, i on the other hand was relieved "i made a promise when i became your sensei, to always look out for your best interests, despite how hard this may be for all of us, he didn't have our best interest at heart" sensei continued "john kreese may have founded Cobra Kai, but he no longer represents what this dojo stands for, his Cobra Kai was old and outdated" sensei continued "he refused to move forward, what happens when we do that mr. diaz?" sensei asked miguel "you get stuck like cement" miguel answered "exactly" sensei said.

"to be a great fighter, you gotta learn to adapt" sensei started again "this creed on the wall, follow it to the letter, it'll make you strong, it'll make you formidable, it will also make you an asshole" sensei said "cause that's just black paint on a white wall, but life's not black and white, more often than not, it's gray" sensei continued "and it's in those gray areas where johnny lawrence's Cobra Kai sometimes shows mercy" sensei said "doesn't mean you can't be badass, it's still a requirement, but you have to learn to think, not just with your gut, or your fists, but to really use this" sensei said pointing to his head "which leads me to today's lesson" sensei said grabbing a board and breaking it with his head "headbutting" sensei said, we all chuckled "grab a partner" sensei said.