18 ♡'・

~2 weeks later~
-Tessa's pov-

"morning, tess" my mom said "morning, mom" i said "how have you been?" my mom asked "not good, miguel's still in a coma and i can't even visit him, sensei lawrence left me to train with kreese, hawk is still a dick, aisha moved after the fight and tory's my only friend but she got suspended or expelled i can't remember" i answered "coffee is my only happiness right now" i said then walked out to my car "i need a coffee" i sighed.

i walked in school and had to get my bag checked, as i was getting my bag checked i noticed hawk, mitch and bert looking at me, i don't talk to them when we're training so it's awkward.

"here you go" the security said handing me my bag back "thanks" i said then walked over to demetri.

"hey, tess" demetri said "hey" i said, i was taking a sip from my coffee when these girls walked up to demetri.

"hey, demetri" one of them said walking past us, i was so shocked i almost chocked on my coffee "someone knows who i am, a human female" demetri said "sorry, tess" demetri added earning a laugh from me and chris.

"you famous now, 'met" chris said, we all turned around and tried to walk where we were originally going but seen hawk, mitch and bert in front of us.

"got something to say?" mitch asked waving his hand in front of his face "yeah, check out my new Lit book, a lot of hard-hitting shit in here" chris answered holding up a literature book.

"all this security isn't enough to protect your scrawny ass" hawk said "i don't need security" demetri said.

"everything all right here?" counselor blatt asked "oh, we're all buddies here, isn't that right fellas?" demetri asked putting his arms around mitch and hawk's shoulders "yeah" hawk answered, hawk then put his arm around my shoulder, i honestly missed his touch but he's an asshole so i rolled my eyes and took his arm off my shoulder "bye now" i said walking away.

"take this to your mom" i said nicely to tory's brother, i skipped training with tory to help her around the house "thanks, tess" tory said "anytime" i said "i'm gonna take the trash out, i'll be right back" tory said then walked out "can you play with me?" tory's brother asked "yeah of course" i answered smiling.

tory came back and looked pissed "hey, you ok?" i asked "no, i have to pay rent on time this month or else we'll get kicked out" tory answered "how much money do you have right now?" i asked "only $100" tory answered.

i walked over to my bag and took out my wallet "i'll pay this month, save your money" i said "no you can't" tory said "ok, then you do it" i said giving her enough for rent plus some extra money "tess, this is too much" tory said "so? spend some on yourself" i said smiling, tory just hugged me "thank you so much" tory said "anytime, i'm not letting you go through this alone" i said hugging her back.

"is there someone named 'robby keene' here?" i asked, i'm at the nearest juvie looking for robby "yeah, have a seat and we'll bring him out" the lady at the front desk said, i did as she said and sat on one of the tables and waited for robby.

a guard brought robby out and he looked surprised to see me "hey" i said "how'd you know that i was here?" robby asked "i didn't, this is the first place i checked" i answered, robby just looked down.

"how'd you even get in here?" i asked "mr. LaRusso" robby answered "i was with my mom, he showed up, talked to me then the cops showed up" robby said "i'm so sorry this happened to you" i said "i deserve this, i killed miguel and-" robby started "you didn't kill miguel" i said cutting him off "miguel woke up from his coma yesterday" i said.

"did you see him yet?" robby asked "no, i didn't wanna show up and see your dad" i answered "why?" robby asked "its a long story and-" i started "ma'am, visiting hours are over" the guard said cutting me off, that was fast "oh, ok" i said grabbing my things "i'll come by maybe tomorrow" i said to robby then walked out.

~The next day (Tuesday)~
-Tessa's pov-

training was finally over and i decided to go see miguel today so i grabbed my bag and headed out but got stopped by someone calling me.

"tess" hawk called, i just turned around "are you headed to the hospital right now?" hawk asked "yeah" i answered "could i come? my mom took away my keys so i can't drive" hawk asked "yeah, sure" i nodded "wait really?" hawk asked "yeah, let's go" i said then walked to my car with hawk behind me.

the car ride was awkward and we were listening to music when hawk spoke up.

"i'm sorry, tess" hawk said, i didn't say anything "i've turned into an asshole and didn't realize it until i lost you" hawk continued catching me off guard.

"i understand if you don't accept my apology, i just miss talking to my bestfriend" hawk finished, i stayed quiet.

"i miss talking to my bestfriend too" i managed to say "and i accept your apology, i'm glad you realized before you did anything else" i said referring to him and demetri "friends?" hawk asked "bestfriends" i said correcting him, he just smiled.

"hey, do you have extra clothes?" i asked "yeah, why?" hawk asked "good, we can change at my house" i said "i was hoping you'd say that" hawk laughed.

"i still can't get over how excited your mom was to see me" hawk said as we were walking to miguel's hospital room "i know, she acted as if you were her long-lost child" i said laughing.

"hey, watch this" hawk said walking ahead of me "El Serpiente" hawk said walking by miguel's room door "that was so-" i started but stopped myself once i seen sam.

"i'm gonna go" sam whispered to miguel "ok, yeah" miguel said, sam was about to walk past me and hawk when hawk stopped her.

"you got some nerve coming here, after what your boyfriend did to him" hawk said "i don't care what you think, i just wanna help" sam said "pretty sure you've done enough, princess" hawk said then walked over to miguel.

i just looked at sam then followed hawk.

"so are you guys together?" miguel asked "no, we're friends again but we're not together" i answered looking at hawk.

"have you talked to sensei?" miguel asked, i just looked at the ground "no" i answered, we talked to miguel until i got a text from moon.