kicks get chicks

TESS DIDN'T GO home after that, she went straight to Moon's house

TESS DIDN'T GO home after that, she went straight to Moon's house. Moon was the only person Tess knew would understand, Tory would think Tessa's betraying Cobra Kai.

"Hey moon." Tess smiled after Moon opened her front door "Hi Tess!" Moon smiled as she hugged the who sheltered herself from the rain that just started, Tess smiled into the genuine hug, "Do you have time to talk?" She asked after the hug, "Yes, of course! Come inside." Moon said, moving aside for Tess to enter the house. "We can talk in my room." Moon pointed upstairs before shutting the front door, Tessa nodded before heading to Moon's room.

"What's up?" Moon asked, getting comfortable on her bed, "It's Eli." Tessa sighed, "We agreed not to tell anyone this but i trust you with my life" Tess said. Moon nodded unsurely but let Tess continue her rant regardless. "Me and Eli got back together but we've been keeping it a secret from everyone 'cause we didn't want any more drama to start." Tessa informed the now shocked girl in front of her.

"Cobra Kai shaved off his mohawk yesterday and he thought i was apart of it." She told Moon, "He just didn't believe me when i told him that I wasn't" Tess said, "And he didn't seem to care when I left" She started to cry. Moon sighed.

"He's an asshole, he's just mad babe." Moon hugged her best friend, "And I know that doesn't justify him accusing you, but he's a boy, he doesn't know how to control his emotions like us girls do." Moon said, Tess' eyes slowly started to water. "I just want all of this karate shit to be over, M" She slightly sobbed. "I want everything to go back to normal, but that's too much to ask for now." Tessa sighed, "Everyone is so wrapped up in the tournament and the rivalry that it's hard to even show up to practice." She explained, Moon listened to her talk, not interrupting.

"You know, maybe one day, everything will go back to normal. Maybe everyone won't focus on being 'Karate Alpha'." Moon air-quoted, giggling along with Tess, "Time will tell." Moon smiled. "I wish I could fast forward time." Tessa let out an airy laugh, "Don't we all." Moon laughed, then pulled her into a hug. "Don't stress too much about Eli, he still has some time to reflect on his actions. And you, can focus on yourself." Moon spoke as she hugged her best friend, "I mean, when's the last time you've had one day, just one day for you? No karate, no school, no Eli." Moon asked, Tess stayed silent, not knowing the answer to the question. "I guess never." She replied, "Exactly. Tomorrow, you're not going to practice, you're not going to school, and you're not going to see Eli. Tomorrow is all about you, it should have been all about you from the beginning." Moon smiled.

"I love you, M." Tess smiled as she tightened the hug. "I love you most." Moon smiled, "So, what are you doing tomorrow?" She asked, "Focusing on me." Tess answered, she liked the idea of having a day to herself.

"I should probably get home." Tessa yawned, Moon nodded before leading Tess downstairs. "Drive safe please." Moon told the girl standing in front of her, "I will." Tessa smiled, "I'll call you and tell you all about it." Tess added. Moon smiled, "I love you, Tess." She hugged her one last time, "I love you." Tessa smiled, walking to the car after the hug.

Moon watched Tess drive off, praying for her safety.

Tessa's alarm blared at exactly 10:00 AM, she gently disabled the alarm then got up to get ready for her day. She drove to the beach, deciding she wants to tan and read her book. She hasn't had time to read for a while and she wants to get back into reading. She brought a beach umbrella to cover her face and her bag, turning her phone off was the only way Tess knew she could have a relaxing day.

After an hour into her book, a guy came up to Tess, "Hey." He smiled, holding a volleyball. Tess set her book down, "Hello." Tessa replied, not wanting to hear what he was about to ask, "My friends and I seen you sitting here by yourself and we were wondering.. if you wanted to play a game of volleyball?" He held up the ball in his hand. Tess leaned forward to see the so-called friends, she seen two boys and two girls, "We're a teammate short." He awkwardly chuckled.

"I guess I could play one round." Tess replied, "Just one though, I'm kind of having a me-day." Tessa informed, the guy held his hands up in surrender, "Yep, one round." He smiled, "Come on, bring your stuff." He helped her bring her umbrella. "What's your name?" He asked as they walked. Tess hesitated for a second, "Tessa." She replied, "You?" She asked. "Ethan." He replied instantly.

"Hey guys! Got our third person!" Ethan smiled as they approached his friends. "Tessa, these are my friends. Nathan, Martin, Peyton, and Amelia." He introduced, "Guys, this is Tessa." Ethan smiled, finding a chair to set the umbrella next to. The girls smiled, "Hi Tessa." They both greeted, "Hey." Tess smiled, following Ethan to the chair so she could set her stuff on.

"Holy shit." Nathan spoke, "You're that Cobra Kai chick." He smiled. That's not how Tess wanted to be recognized but she smiled regardless. "Yep, that's me." She awkwardly chuckled. "Nate leave her alone, you're gonna scare her away. " Peyton yelled across the net. "Tessa! Come over here!" Amelia smiled, motioning Tess to get on their side of the net. Tess gently set her bag under the shade provided by her umbrella then walked over to the girls.

"Are you as competitive in volleyball as you are in karate?" Peyton joked, "Oh, maybe more." Tessa laughed, the girls laughed along with her. "Good, we're down by five." Peyton smiled before getting into position, "Our ball!" Amelia yelled, Martin threw the ball over the net for Tessa to catch. "You got this." Amelia smiled getting into position, Tess smiled before serving the ball.

The sun was starting to set and Tessa was still with the group of friends she just met. "Thought you said just one round?" Ethan asked as he sat next to Tess on the sand, handing her a soda. "Turned out to be better than I expected." She accepted the drink, "You did good, do you play?" He asked, Tess shook her head. "Just karate over here." She responded after taking a sip from the can. "I bet that comes in handy." Ethan laughed, "Definitely." She smiled. "How'd you even get into karate anyways?" Ethan asked, "Uh, kind of a long story." Tess responded. Ethan nodded, "I've got time." Tessa turned to look at Ethan who was already staring at her, starting from her eyes then moving to her lips. Tessa froze, she didn't know what to do as Ethan slowly leaned closer.

"Shit, what time is it?" She quickly stood up to grab her phone, turning it on she seen that it had just turned 7:00 PM. Quickly thinking of an excuse to leave, she packed her things just as her phone began to receive all of the notifications she got throughout the day. "Hey, today was fun." She told the group who were all spread out on the sand, "But I've gotta go, I promised my boyfriend we'd have a dinner date." She lied, seeing Ethans face slightly drop. "Aww okay, catch you next time?" Amelia asked as her and Peyton stood up to say goodbye, "Yeah, you guys have my number." Tess smiled. The girls nodded then gave her a hug.

"See you guys later." She waved to the boys, "See ya!" Martin and Nathan yelled together, Ethan stayed silent.

Tessa rushed home, hoping to forget about the moment with Ethan. Totally forgetting to call Moon.

hi guys! i'm back cause i'm in a phase again. i've improved on my writing and on this story in general. i've decided to have tessa portrayed as Madelyn Cline cause i literally love her so much.