Seven

Seven: Elevator Fights

Juliet swallowed thickly as she made her way down the hallway with Steve next to her

Juliet swallowed thickly as she made her way down the hallway with Steve next to her. Steve was in for questioning and Juliet had to accompany him as Natasha stormed off and away from them (which hurt the girl a bit as she wanted to help but she understood)

Sharon came down the hall, greeting the two, Steve simply brushed her off while Juliet gave a small wave. They came to meet Alexander Pierce, Juliet resisted the urge to roll her eyes as they sat down in his office. Pierce was going on about Nick, Steve looking at a photo while Juliet watched Pierce walk around.

"They find it empty. Nick had ignored my direct order and carried out an unauthorized military operation on foreign soil....and saved the lives of a dozen political officers, including my daughter. "

"So you gave him a promotion?" Steve questioned, looking up. Juliet felt as if she wasn't even there.

"I've never had any cause you regret it." Pierce paused before speaking again, "Captain, Stark, why was Nick in your apartment last night?"

Juliet looked up from her jacket and turned to the man before them.

"We don't know" Juliet spoke, but Pierce wasn't buying it.

"Did you know it was bugged?"

Steve carried the conversation from that point.

----------------------------------------------

The duo left the room, heading into the elevator. Juliet had opened her mouth to speak but quickly closed it, releasing Steve probably wouldn't want to talk. Rumlow entered the elevator, making Juliet pull her jacket around her tighter.

She knew Steve was already suspicious of them, but as she watched everyone in the elevator, she was suddenly thankful for her gun in her pocket. Taking a step closer to Steve, she gave him a slight nudge, ready when you are, it was their signals, she had signals with everyone on the team, it was something she always did ever since her parents died in an accident. She had forced it upon Tony, and eventually it just became something she did to everyone she became close with.

"Before we got started....does anyone wanna get out?"

Immediately a fight broke out, two men grabbed Juliet as others reached Steve, she kicked one in the groin, quickly throwing her head back on the other and grabbing her gun. She was hit by an electric rod, just as Steve was, but she quickly took her gun and whacked Rumlow with it.

"Steve we gotta-"

The elevator fell as he broke the line on it. Juliet reached for her wrist.

"Steve!"

He quickly closed the door upon noticing more agents coming, and turned to Juliet.

"You have your suit ready?" he rushed out

"What? Yeah of course I do" she spoke, her heart pounding knowing exactly what his plan was

"Good. On three"

"One, two" she started, typing things into her watch.

He smashed the window with his shield and dived out, "THREE"

She followed quickly, letting out a scream as she suddenly panicked her suit wouldn't get to her in time. Steve fell through the roof of a building as Juliet's suit covered her body, keepin her in the air.

"Hello Miss Stark"

"Hi Jarvis! Let's go"

-----------------------------------------------

Juliet fired a missile at one of the engines of the small ship as Steve threw his shield at the other.

Juliet swooped down, grabbing Steve and flying away from the building.

---------------------------------------------------

The two were back at the hospital in no time, Juliet had changed her watch, so if she needed the suit would build around her from it and not fly in parts toward her, Her Mark 5 suit.

Natasha was pushed into a room with Steve, Juliet trailing behind. He had her against the wall when Juliet entered,

"Where is it?"

"Safe"

"Do better"

"Where did you get it"

At this point, Juliet stepped in pushing Steve and Natasha apart slightly, she hated the confrontation.

They conversed for a few moments, Juliet standing guard at the door before hearing something about The Winter Soldier quickly catching her attention.

"I was covering my engineer, so he shot him, straight through me. Soviet slug. No rifling. Bye-bye bikinis" Natasha spoke

"Yeah, bet you look terrible in them now"

"Steve that's not something you say- I'll shut up now"

Juliet had started but stopped as she saw the looks the two gave her.

"Let's find out what the ghost wants"

--------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 733

Written: February 21,2021

Published: February 21,2021