Three

Three: The Mission

———————————🖤——————————

Juliet was giddy in her seat as she awaited the information needed for the mission

Juliet was giddy in her seat as she awaited the information needed for the mission. Natasha shook her head at the girl, a smile playing at her lips.

"Don't laugh at me Nat" Juliet spoke as she stood up

"I'm not, I'm not"

Steve walked over to Rumlow who had started speaking. Juliet slightly rolled her eyes, only Natasha taking noticing of it. Juliet didn't get along with Rumlow.

She never liked him. She wasn't one to trust right away, she of course trusted her brother, Happy, Pepper, the team, Fury, etc. but she never quite trusted Rumlow.

She had trust issues, she trusted someone (Obie) Tony trusted and yet he turned out to be a bad guy. So, after she heard what she considered important, knowing part of her mission wasn't mentioned, she tuned out Rumlow, awaiting him to shut up so she could get on with the work along with Steve and them.

She overheard Natasha bugging Steve on dating, making the younger Stark giggled quietly, her and Nat (along with Clint at times) had been trying to set Steve up with people but he always denied.

"Too busy!"

She heard and looked just in time to see Steve jump.

"Was he wearing a parachute?"

"No he wasn't"

——————————————

"....then find me a date"

"I'm multitasking!"

Juliet kept her gun close to her as she walked next to Steve, who was very focused on the mission at hand.

She fought her way past some people but was separated from Steve and was forced to go along with Rumlow.

However, she was able to follow Natasha moments later.

"How is everyone"

"Engine room is clear"

—————————————(I'm sorry i suck at writing this stuff)

Juliet stood guard, her gun raised, as Natasha tapped away on the small keyboard. Just as they heard someone rush in, they both looked up and Juliet aimed before lowering her gun as she saw it was Steve who came in.

"What are you doing? Rumlow needed you out there"

Juliet awkwardly looked around, not sure what to say to the man standing before them.

"Our mission was to rescue the hostages"

"That was your mission, and you've done it beautifully"

"Guys stop- listen"

But before Juliet could utter another word, a man threw a grenade. Steve rushed towards the girls, grabbing Natasha as Juliet had already ran forward, shooting out the glass for them. They fell onto the ground as it exploded, the impact shaking the whole building .

"Okay....that ones on me" Natasha said after a moment, breathing heavy

"Your damn right it is"

Steve spoke, sounding angry

Word Count: 447

Written: 12/20/20

Published: 12/22/20