Eight

Eight: On The Run

"First rule of going on the run: don't run, walk"

Natasha spoke as she walked between Juliet and Steve. Natasha had a black shirt, striped hoodie (borrowed from Juliet) and a jacket, her hood pulled up. Steve had glasses, a cap, jacket and some gray shirt. Juliet wore an all black top and jacket, her hair tied up and sunglasses covering her face. (Obviously everyone had jeans on) Juliet looked around, laughing slightly at Steve as he stressed over falling in the shoes he was wearing.

"Make a left"

They did as Juliet said, coming to an apple Store, Natasha set to work on a computer as Steve stood guard. Juliet was by them, but was looking around, catching names and information of every single person in the store through her glasses.

"Nine minutes from...now"

------------------------------------------

"Can I help you guys with anything?" an employee walked up to the trio, making them all turn and Juliet quickly placed a smile on.

"Oh no. My fiance and best friend were just helping us pick a honeymoon destination"

"Right. We're getting married" Steve spoke, sounding confused and unconvincing.

"Congratulations! Where are you guys thinking about?"

Juliet quickly cut in, noticing the location on screen, "They're going to New Jersey, beautiful place"

The employee who Juliet found to be named Aaron, worked here for three years, wow, was studying Steve closely before speaking, "I have the exact same glasses!"

"Oh wow, talk about twinning" Juliet spoke, readjusting her sunglasses.

The man walked away, Steve slightly rushing Natasha.

"We need to go. Now"

--------------------------------------------

"Shut up and put your arm around me, laugh at something I said"

Steve reached his arm around Natasha, forcing a laugh as Juliet strayed to the side, her head down and she "spoke" into her cellphone.

"One just reached the shop....Rumlow is near by" Juliet whispered as they sped walked down the crowded mall.

They found themselves to be on the opposite escalator of Runlow, Natasha quickly turned to Steve and Juliet.

"Kiss me"

"Who?" Steve questioned,

"Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable"

"Yes they do" Juliet stated

Natasha reached up, quickly pressing her lips to Juliet's as the Stark girl was closer than Steve. Steve immediately looked anywhere but them, keeping his head away from Rumlow.

Juliet pulled away a moment later, almost frozen in her spot before walking off the escalator with them.

--------------------------------------------

Written: February 21-22, 2021

Published: February 22, 2021

A/N: Yesterday I posted and now I'm posting again, let's hope this writing streak stays alive 😂

Word Count: 430