Chapter 10

dance night

As the evening starts, both dad and I change into our outfits and gets ready. Mom was helping me as the boys were helping dad.

Putting in the final touches of my hair, mom looked in the mirror and smiled. "Stop growing up," she sarcastically demands me.

"Sorry?" I chuckled, getting up.

"Oh, don't apologize. It'll make me cry seeing you leave us one day."

I hugged her and gave myself a chance to look in the mirror.

Mom left my room to check on dad, hearing some faint 'you look great' and other basic complements.

She called out to me, saying that I was done and ready.

I quickly put on my high heels and began to walk out, glancing at all their faces.

Dad walked up to me, grabbing my hand and placing a kiss on top. I smiled as he offered me his arm, allowing me to link us.

I look up to see my mom with her phone pointing it towards us. Dad and I smiled as the picture got taken and we were on our way out.

TIME SKIP

Once we parked, I stayed in the car as Dad got out and headed over to my side, offering his hand to step out. He shut the door as we linked arms again.

Entering the school gym, I need knew that most people had their eyes on us. I directed the both of us to my group of friends. They were sitting with their fathers/mothers at the table, having room for two more.

I unlinked from my dad's arm, engaging in their already started conversation. The lights were going off, the music was blasting.

"Here's a drink for both of ya," Cam passed over two cups.

"Thanks, Cam. Where's your mom?"

"She didn't wanna go but I came to have fun and take embarrassing pictures of us!"

I laughed and continued chatting with them until we heard someone talk on the microphone on stage.

"Alright kiddos. We're gonna start off with the mother-son dance then the father-daughter dance will be next."

We cheered on Taylor as him and his mom went out to the dance floor, the same as all the other moms and sons. Cameron already has the video going. The song was nice.

With the three to four minute wait, I lended Cam my phone. "Can you film me and my dad dancing?" I ask as Cam nods, still pointing his own phone to the crowd.

As the song ended, Dad glanced over to me with a smile, offering me his arm. I linked with him as we stepped onto the dance floor along side the other fathers and daughters.

"Just like we practiced."

"This isn't a competition, dad."

"Shh, yes it is." he pouted.

As a different slow song played, Dad took my hand and placed his as his free hand was placed on my back with my free hand on his shoulder/back.

Good timing of my nervousness to show, I was shaking as I stepped aligned with him. We danced in circles, I felt my face go red, and possibly even sweating.

"Honey? You okay?" He said in his concerned dad voice.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I nodded.

He went with it and not worrying, making both of us focused on the dance. Moving to the beat of the music, having my dad lead me.