Ch.3 How to Live On

■Y/N's POV■

I'm hanging the clothes outside of my house. It's been six years since I live here on XX island. Tenma san lends me the hut next to his house for me and my son Keita.

I've hung all of the wet clothes on the line when Rio pops and calls me.

Rio: Y/N san! Keita! Keita is...

She hasn't finished talking but I already run to where my son is. My eyes are widened by the sight I'm witnessing right now.

There, my 5 years old son Keita, is floating, wings of ice is on the back of his small body. Keita looks back and he's smiling. He's flying towards me and his short messy blond hair was swayed by the wind.

Keita: mommy! mommy! Look! I have wings

I caught him in my arms. Ever since he was four, Keita has been showing a sign of having an ice quirk, like me. He can form his ice, but today he formed his ice as wings.

Y/N: that's amazing honey... but please be careful okay, you can't fly too high or too fast because you need to practice first.

Seeing Keita flying around like that, reminds me of Keigo. Keita definitely inherits his father's hair and looks.

Now we're eating dinner together at Tenma san's house. Keita is really close to both Tenma and Rio. He calls Tenma Papa Kazu, and Rio as Mama Rio. Because Keita grew up without a father figure, I think it would be good for him to have more people he could think of as a family.

The tv plays the news right now, there's a fight between Heroes and Villains. Keita gets off of the chair and sits in front of the TV. The heroes present on the spot are Shoto and Creati. I watch as Shoto moves and beats the bad guy.

Y/N: he became an amazing hero...

Rio: he's... your cousin right?

I nod at Rio and turn my gaze back at the TV. How's Natsuo and Fuyumi, and uncle Enji and aunt Rei too.

Kazuo: Y/N... don't you miss them? Your family... and friends?

I look back at the TV showing Shoto using his quirk repeatedly. Of course, I miss them, but how am I suppose to show up after all this time.

Just then Endeavor arrived on the spot, along with

Y/N: Kei...go

Endeavor came with Hawks and help the younger heroes to beat the villain. The camera was aimed at Hawks as he spread his wings and lunges his feathers around.

Suddenly Keita stands and wings appear from his back, as he forms his ice into them. He looks closely at the TV as the heroes fight the villain. When they finally caught two of the villain, Keita jumps around happily.

Keita: Heroes are so cool!

I watch as he excitedly compliments the heroes. Keita always likes to watch heroes on TV. He is influenced by them in a good way. His favorite is Shoto, who's actually is his uncle.

Sometimes he helps to pick up something that falling from someone's bag or helping me with laundry, and everyone that needs a simple hand.

Keita comes closer to me and hops on my knees.

Keita: mommy! I want to be a hero when I'm big!

I was surprised by this, Tenma san and Rio exchange glances and then look at me. I stare at my son's sparkly eyes and sigh.

Y/N: I... know you can do it

■3rd Person POV■

Y/N is sitting on the stair of her hut, staring far at the horizon. Right across the sea, is the mainland where she used to live. Where her relatives and friends are. Where Keita's father is.