Ch.11 Stay

■Hawks's POV■

It's been a week since I was discharged from the hospital. I'm now patrolling with Endeavor. Right after I was discharged, new bruises appeared as Mirko, and Endeavor tends to kick me when Y/N's not around. Yep, I look like a bullied kid.

Y/N's still here, still staying with Mirko. She allowed me to meet Keita, so I always come visit him after my shift is over and during my day off. Just like now, I'm currently at a nearby park, teaching Keita how to fly.

Hawks: Just let the wind leads you... flaps your wings and steady your posture... it's okay I'll catch you...

I love my son, I do. But some people might think I'm torturing him right now as I put him on the top of a tree.

Keita: D-Daddy... you'll catch me right?

Hawks: yes!

I'm not going to train him as harshly as how I was trained before. I don't want him to experience what I felt back then. But, being in this situation will make him more focused.

Keita's ice wings spread and he lunges forward, dropping his small body from the tree.

Hawks: Keita Focus boy!

Then Keita flaps his wings and he's flying. He did it my son did it. Keita looks down at me and beams a smile.

Keita: Daddy! I did it...

I fly my way to approach him and nuzzle him.

Hawks: you did great bird boy

Keita hugs me, startling me. It's been days since I spent time with him, but this kind of gesture still surprises me. Don't get me wrong, I like it. I put my arms around him, nuzzling his locks.

Hawks: let's get you home now... I don't need to carry you right?

Keita: yes... un... but please hold my hand Daddy... please?

I arrived at Mirko's balcony, yep rarely use the front door. Keita slides the door open and walks in, and I follow suit.

Keita: Papa Kazu!

I look at where Keita shouts at. Y/N is sitting on the sofa, next to her is a man who I've never seen before.

Who is he? Papa Kazu?

Keita jumps at him and he picks him up to his lap.

Keita: Papa Kazu... I can fly now! I can use my wings

Kazuho: oh really? Who taught you that?

Keita points at me and that Papa Kazu guy is looking at me.

Keita: Daddy did!

Papa Kazu: Daddy?

He looks at me and so do I.

■3rd Person POV■

Hawks and Kazuho are staring at each other. Y/N gets up from the sofa and approaches Hawks.

Y/N: Keigo... I'm sorry you have to play with him all day...

Hawks turns his gaze at Y/N who looks worried, and he couldn't help but smile.

Hawks: I'm happy to do it... don't worry...

Y/N: well Tenma san, let me introduce you two... this is Tenma Kazuho san, he's a doctor who helped me back then... and this is Hawks, pro hero... and, Keita's father...

Kazuho walks closer and stands in front of Hawks and the two shake hands.

Hawks: nice to meet you... thank you for saving Y/N and Keita...