Ch. 9 I Can't Lose You Again

■Y/N's POV■

I'm currently walking with Keita and Rumi around the city. It's been two weeks since my encounter with Keigo, and he fills his promise, Keigo never appears in front of me after that day. But sometimes, I could feel that Keigo is near.

Mirko: Y/N... you okay? You've been spacing out...

Y/N: oh I uh just thinking about what to eat for dinner...

Suddenly we hear screams not far from where we are. Rumi and I exchange glance and we head that way, I pick Keita up.

Right after we turned on the road, something frightening came. Blue flames spread burning things.

Dabi...

My body tremble, as I hold Keita tightly.

Keita: Mommy?

Mirko: Y/N go and call End-

Just then a gush of flames come between Rumi and I separating us. I immediately make an ice border around me and Keita, and Rumi jumps backward.

Keita: mommy... what's happening?

Y/N: Keita... it's alright, mommy will protect you okay...

The I hear someone chuckles from behind me, that voice is familiar. I nervously turn around and there I saw Dabi.

Dabi: I think too high of myself back then... I thought I manage to kill the Winter Lady, but, look what I found...

Y/N: D... Dabi...

I can't help but to shudder. After all this year, seeing him again makes my body frightened as they remember our last encounter.

I can't think straight, but then ice lances are being lunges at Dabi. They're not mine, I look at Keita who looks frightened but he's glaring at Dabi.

Keita: you... make my mommy scared... you meanie...

Dabi: oh... not just alive... but even became a mother...

Mirko: Y/N! KEITA! I'LL-

Rumi was about to leap to this side when Toga appears and stands in her way.

Toga: you'll be playing with me rabbit... hihihi...

I turn my gaze back at Dabi again and he smirks. I tightened my arms around Keita and he to clutches onto me.

Dabi: when there are no people to bother us.... you have a little boy hindering our fight... but... like I cared

Dabi throws blue flames at me and I lunges my self backward by freezing the road. I slide around trying to avoid Dabi's flame.

I'm using my ice to avoid Dabi's attack. Just then I saw Rumi being held by twice who clones himself into four people. Toga was about to stab Rumi but I stop freezing the road and lunges my ice at them instead. Making Rumi saves inside a border for now. But then

Keita: Mommy!

I look at Dabi as he aim his hand at me with a smirk.

Dabi: got distracted for a second time huh? This time I'll burn you to death.

Dabi's flames comes to us and I turn around hugging Keita, trying to cover his body so I could get hit instead.

Mirko: Y/N! KEITA!

I'm ready to be hit by the flames as long as Keita is save. But the flames never hit me even though I could feel the heat. I open my eyes as I couldn't help but to be surprised.