Chapter 16

A/N: Hey guys :) I'm sorry I don't update frequently anymore but that will all change starting now. On my profile page, I will be writing the days that I'll be updating. Even if the goal isn't reached I will still have to update but please try to make the goal happen!

In this chapter, Kylie's going to court. Keep in mind that I've never actually been to court. I've only seen the court in the movies and despite my many attempts of researching it these past weeks, you get what you get :) 

Anyways, here it is! xx

---------------------- 

*Zayn's P.O.V.*

I took Anthea and happily left Kylie's flat to leave her and Harry alone. We hopped into my car and drove off into the winter wonderland.

I was sorta nervous around Anthea. She was one of the only girls that didn't treat me like the famous guy from One Direction. She was so genuine and sweet, and we've been on a few dates. I was ready to ask her to be my girlfriend.

The car ride was very quiet and I tried to sneak a peek at Anthea. She was sitting down next to me with very well posture and her eyes were gently closed.

I smiled at her; she was so perfect, serene and the perfect example of beauty.

Her eyes fluttered opened and she quickly blushed, realizing I was staring at her. I shot my eyes back onto the road and was shocked to see that I ran a stop sign and a car nearly hit us. I hit the breaks and we went into an abrupt stop. Anthea flew forward and bumped her head in front of her.

"Ow!" she moaned clutching her head. I pulled the car over and focused my attention on Anthea.

"Are you okay?" I asked with concern. She smiled weakly at me and gave a thumbs up.

"Sure," she said. I let out a sigh of relief as her smile soon faded.

"Zayn, you have to keep your eyes on the road. We could've died," she murmured.

"If you weren't distracting me then maybe I wouldn't have missed the sign..." I muttered.

She turned to face me with a look of disbelief.

"Are you saying it's my fault?!" she asked.

I didn't reply because I didn't want to tell her how I felt about her yet. I felt her eyes burning a hole through me but didn't know what to say.

"Well?" she asked a bit more calmly.

"Um, I was just distracted," I stated weakly.

I realized we were still pulled over so I started the car again and made my way back into the lanes. 

Anthea didn't really talk that much after that and she tried to closer her eyes again but realized it was pointless to enter her serene world again.

We pulled into my flat and Anthea's phone buzzed. She looked slightly startled by the sudden burst of noise but still looked as calm as ever. Her eyes scanned the text before she got out of the car and slammed the door shut. 

"What's wrong?" I asked Anthea, getting out as well.

"Zayn, I'm so sorry but I need to leave right now. I need to get home," she said.

"I drive you home," I insisted.

"No," she answered quickly. "I mean, uh, I need to go home alone. I'll fetch a cab," she walked down the street, getting further and further away from me. What's her problem? 

I got back in the car to pull the keys out of the engine before something shiny caught my attention. I glanced over towards where Anthea once sat and saw her cellphone. Anthea must've dropped it when she exit the car. Her phone buzzed again, signifying that she received another text. Curiosity ate me away as I filled up with anticipation, wanting to read the text that made Anthea leave.