~9~ ~THE TRUTH UNTOLD~

Don't worry. I don't own anything. It is the world of JK Rowling. We are just living in it ;) And none of the art except the cover page belong to me. HAPPY READING!

Draco and Hermione both thought about the circumstances and how to go about the same that night. It was surely a long night for both of them as there was a cloud of thoughts in both people's dreams and consciousness. The next day, Susan tried to schedule a meeting of both the people in question – the soon to be groom and his matchmaker and Theo helped her by clearing Draco's schedule ahead of time without his knowledge.

Consequently, they both were left in each other company now with an awkward air in the manor gardens. Draco gathered his courage and stated, "I am sorry, Gran .... mmm, Ms. Granger. It was wrong on my part to have acted that harshly to you and Ms. Bones. But I sincerely hope I can earn your forgiveness as it was not my fault that I was completely unaware of your arrival."

Hermione was shocked in the least. She replied "It's alright, Mr. Malfoy. And please call me Hermione if you have no issues with that. And I do understand why you acted that particular way. Let's start afresh and get to the point as you are also aware we are very short on time," while patting her hair.

"Yes, Gran.... Hermione." The only thought that crossed his mind at that point was that she had a beautiful name and because of his pre-conceived or should he say, pre-programmed notions he had lost the countless opportunities to call out her name. This was a wonderful first for him and he suddenly loathed Voldy and his followers, more specifically his father.

Hermione stood staring at the grass first and then at his face as if he were a paused screen. She could obviously see the changes in his face as signs of being an adult and she was shooketh. She could not believe what her brain was thinking. Yes, Malfoy called her name without any disgust and sneer in his voice. It had been 10 years, yes, but the way he and his cronies used to call her and her friends was not a lost memory.

She continued the conversation, "So, as you know, I'll find you your soulmate through my gut and analytics but I need to know if you have some requirements and I need to get to know you more, I invest time in my clients and I need you to show me your true side so that I can find a compatible person for you to love. The rest is in your hands."

"Okay, hold up. So, according to you, you need some pre-requisites from me, which I don't have planned out as yet, and you need to know me well, so that you can judge me on some parameters and that's how you'll find me my *true love*." Draco finished along with the quote sign and a cocked eyebrow as if asking for more details.

"Yes, and true love" she copied his action "is not to be taken lightly. This is what you have to do on your part, the rest is a lengthy process which I don't think will interest you particularly as I took you to be a result oriented person and not a detail oriented person."

"So, the moral of the story is that we need to change the very basic image of me in your mind as you can see for yourself that I'm not what you think I am." Draco replied with a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips and walked out the door without a second glance. Hermione was baffled.

She was never the one who was quiet at the end of any discussion or negotiation. It was truly a lot of firsts in just ten minutes of conversation for her to handle. She left the room as well and thought of calling Harry as her second last resort. 

A/N - Hi Guys, any comments, constructive criticism or reviews are more than welcome!

Don't forget to comment and vote if you like the story. Stay safe.

~ gK