~22~ ~BUTTERFLY~

Don't worry. I don't own anything. It is the world of JK Rowling. We are just living in it ;) And none of the art except the cover page belongs to me. HAPPY READING!

After the meeting of Natasha and his mother, Draco was quite sure that he had made the right decision. To say the least, Narcissa liked Natasha at the first point itself and it was rare in her case.

After asking Natasha to excuse herself and her son Narcissa continued the walk with him by the pond.

"So?"Draco inquired of his mother and waited for her response.

"She is an absolute delight, Draco, and seems positively taken with you."

But I am not very sure that you reciprocate the same feelings, Narcissa stopped herself from saying that out aloud and decided to keep her thoughts to herself.

Then they came to a halt right in the middle of the bridge.

"Tell me, do you see her as your future wife?"

"This is so new to me, mother. I am still trying to work things through. But I wouldn't lie to you, my head is in a bit of a spin."

"Love has a way of doing that, Draco. At times it makes fools of us all."

"But the real fool is the one who fails to listen to its calling."

After listening to his mother's words, he lost all sight of the world as realization dawned on him.

"Is there something wrong darling?" Narcissa asked him and put her palms on his shoulders.

"Shit."

~~~

The same day at night, Draco waited for Hermione after sending her a message to come to see him for a bit after she had miraculously missed the introduction of Natasha to his mother.

He was royally pissed. And add a touch of nervousness to it and we have the Draco Malfoy at this moment, pacing up and down the balcony of his study.

"You wanted to see me, Mr. Malfoy?"

"Are we back to the honorifics and last names now, Ms. Granger?"

When she did not reply to his rhetorical question, he answered, "Yes!"

Trying to get in the apology Hermione had prepared the whole day she interrupted, "I realize I was missing today..."

"And at a crucial juncture of my future romantic life and our deal."

"I am sorry, I didn't think it was my place."

"I don't care!" he suddenly raised his voice and saw her flinch a little.

"I needed you there, Hermione for the introduction." he let out a sigh and regretted his sudden outburst.

"I am sorry for sounding cross, my head is spinning and I don't know what to do," he said while gesturing his hands towards his skull.

"Why?" Hermione asked, "I thought that things were going well with Natasha."

"They were." "They are." he quickly corrected himself lest she started racking her brilliant brain of hers and found out what was happening. But maybe he needed her help in figuring this out.

"Come on Hermione, I am about to make the biggest decision of my life."

"Yes, and I've given you everything. The personality indexes and the charts and analysis of chemistry. And beyond that, it's just up to how you feel inside."