~16~ ~MY TIME~

Don't worry. I don't own anything. It is the world of JK Rowling. We are just living in it ;) And none of the art except the cover page belongs to me. HAPPY READING!

It was a mess in her head. Two of them, Astoria and Joanne had already arrived at the venue along with the other guests requested by the Lady Malfoy herself which was the ballroom of Malfoy Manor itself. When you have it to yourself why waste it? Hermione figured.

Rich people, she scoffed while rushing to grab her phone from the room. What did you expect? While rushing down the stairs, she almost tripped but was caught by the other Malfoy, she had to loathe lesser these past days.

"Damn", she cursed.

"I expected something along the lines of, you look handsome, Malfoy but I guess this compliment works too," he remarked while holding her elbow and plastering his signature smirk across the smug face of his.

Already flustered because of the situation, she was sure she had turned tomato red at his remark.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Malfoy."

"Why don't you do that too, for me?"

She simply did not expect that but she was not backing down from it.

"Hah, you wish," she smirked back at him and continued "You save these lines for today's party, and please use them to woo at least one of them, and only two are left." She purposely coughed at the end of the sentence. it was a wonder that what started as an insult came out as a request.

Huh, never mind.

Suddenly, Draco's expression from that of confidence to a face of regret and confusion, and simultaneously the vibe of the room changed.

She looked directly into his eyes for a second and took in his appearance fully. He looked gorgeous, even if a man could look so good.

He wore a simple white t-shirt and a silver blazer over it matching with the pants. The way he carried himself was something she imagined was possible in fiction. When her sight reached his eyes again, it seemed that the time stopped for a moment.

It was difficult to apprehend whether the color of his eyes was blue or grey. She found herself wishing it was grey. Those eyes held a hurricane of emotions and she was oblivious about the fact that she was one of the many reasons behind it. Such a pity.

"Hey Hermione, I don't want to do this." He gave a dramatic pause before continuing. " I don't believe I deserve anyone of them."

"What! Malfoy, what the hell are you saying? And that too now." She seethed.

"You don't understand Granger." He looked defeated but she knew they will emerge victorious with a little more effort from his side.

"Look at me Malfoy, you are doing nothing wrong. And for the deserving part, it is for her to decide and not you. No pressure right now, all you need to do is go in there", she said pointing at the large ebony door "Talk with Astoria and Joanne, spend some time and when it is over tell me how you felt."

"Can you do this?" she asked him softly and noticed that she was holding his hands.

Frack! When did that happen?

She bends her head softly towards him and saw how his eyes regained confidence at her words. He snapped up his eyes and at that moment history repeated.

TWICE!!

She fell again while cursing her clumsy nature and the high heels. And he caught her. The only difference was that this time he held her close and he held her by her waist. One arm was wrapped around his neck and the other rested on his chest.