~10~ ~SERENDIPITY~

Don't worry. I don't own anything. It is the world of JK Rowling. We are just living in it ;) And none of the art except the cover page belongs to me. HAPPY READING!

Hermione and Susan tried to work on the possible candidates for their client. They first located the subjects that were available in London for the time being, ran some background checks on all of them and gathered the basic information about them like their income and expense background, their interests, blood status, education, working or not, extra activities involved, various articles they were featured in, current status, contacts and what not.They finalized a list of 13 possible options.

The real part started after the data collection and as they didn't had any heads up on what the Mysterious Malfoys needed in the future wife, it was a dead end. Come on, even little girls had a basic idea about who or what kind of a person they wanted to marry. She was truly fed up of the façade and now it was time for some Hermione action, she decided.

!!!!!!!

She almost barged inside the prestigious study of Malfoy and stood with her head held high like a proud Gryffindor. As if he heard her mind, he said "finally, came to your Gryffindor senses, eh Granger" with a smile in place of his signature smirk as he looked at her above his glasses. She cursed inwardly and thought it was another first. A first of her finding glasses attractive and maybe the person wearing them.

She slapped herself out of the reverie and continued, "Yes, Mr. Malfoy, I need to talk to you about your schedule this week, the next and after the next. Please be considerate and let me tweak it a bit in order to fulfil the requirements of your mother and that too of yourself. And as a peer and not as a matchmaker," she bent her back and look at his eyes directly with a challenging gaze, "I won't take NO for an answer for this."

Draco forgot to blink, staring at the brunette in front of him and noticing the details of her face and as ashamed he was to admit it to himself, her body (but surely not in a bad way). He could not believe that a person like Granger could become a pretty decent lady after all those years as per his judgement, but also she was never ugly no matter how many times he convinced his younger self that she was. She always had an aura around the bushy mane of hers which was somewhat tamed now, thank Merlin.

He shook himself from all the useless thoughts and decided to play it the old way, or the most effective one. "As for my schedule, you don't need to bother yourself with it. I'll change it that way, so I get some time to indulge in your matchmaking activities. I won't give you give NO for an answer, Granger so don't worry about it but I'm sure it will be the other way around."

"What do you mean?" she asked narrowing her eyes to slits.

"I have a proposition for you to consider. Why don't we leave this love plan aside and think for once?"

At this she raised her eyebrows but did not interrupt him and folded her instead as a sign of annoyance. A small smirk at his lips indicated her that she would not like what was coming after this.

A/N - Hi Guys, any comments, constructive criticism or reviews are more than welcome!

Don't forget to comment and vote if you like the story. Stay safe.

~ gK