~11~ ~LOVE SHOT~

Don't worry. I don't own anything. It is the world of JK Rowling. We are just living in it ;) And none of the art except the cover page belong to me. HAPPY READING!

And she was correct. Well...

What he asked was simply outrageous as a person, employer and a client even for Malfoy. Hermione felt that he was underestimating her a bit too much. Just a bit. She was already used to people not believing in love or in their methods and every time she was the one to have the last laugh as she would make a believer out of them through her work and the results spoke for herself. It was just his time, she thought and continued rather calmly surprising both the people in the room with her reply.

"No, Mr. Malfoy, I am sorry but I truly cannot make a deal of this sort with you firstly as it is a deal between me and your mother and there is no need for interference from you. And secondly, it is not in my work ethics to follow the easy way out and just get you a date to get through the ball."

"And what may be the reason for such shitty ethics, may I ask?"

She sighed clearly portraying her annoyance with his childish remarks and said "I work on the basis of trust between me and my client, not to mention you won't be knowing anything about that" and noticed the heated environment and his raised eyebrow "I can't just break it off with your mother and the girl I decide for you to go off somewhere else after the ball."

Before he started she stopped him through the signal of her palm and continued, "All I want, Malfoy is to know about you so that I can help you get a better life. I am sure you don't believe in love but just think about the feeling", she said while gesturing with her hands. "Everyone deserves love even you, Malfoy. Just give it a chance and me an opportunity and again, be true with me."

It was her time to exit the door without an answer and felt weirdly satisfied. Still she turned around and saw Draco staring back at her with a perplexed face. She passed a smile at him with a nod and stretched her arm to open the door when a hand grabbed her wrist.

Here he was gripping her hand which only got tighter by the passing moment and stared into her eyes and searched through her soul. It was the longest moment of both peoples' lives and if their younger selves saw them at that point there would have been truly a bloodbath. Suddenly, Hermione thought of Harry and Ron and something snapped within her and she jerked her hand out of his grip.

Draco was never one to feel sorry or apologize and as soon as the words "I am sorry .." spilled out of his mouth he stopped abruptly and he turned on his heel out of the door mumbling something about stupid love or so she thought.

                                                                                               !!!!!!!!!

Hermione plopped on a sofa in the guest causing Susan to look up from her laptop towards her with a look which translated as what happened. "It is difficult than I thought, but maybe I thought wrong, it's Malfoy after all. On what page are you, Susan?" she enquired. "I have reached to a conclusion that we need a girl with high patience", she joked expecting a snicker from the later.

"Yeah, that's a given. He is worse than a 10 year old kid in his temper and questions. No jokes though, what is the result of the compatibility test?"

"There are a total of 4 candidates that pass the 80% benchmark, this is the list of the said girls and now it is the time for you to work your magic and interview them." Susan said while handing her a paper with 4 names on it.

Hermione scanned the list and decided to call each one of them today itself and invite them for the interview the consequent weekend. Likewise, she was done with her task by 10 p.m. and decided to go for a walk in the lavish manor gardens before retiring for the night.

A/N - Hi Guys, any comments, constructive criticism or reviews are more than welcome!

Don't forget to comment and vote if you like the story. Stay safe.

~ gK