~14~ ~FILTER~

Don't worry. I don't own anything. It is the world of JK Rowling. We are just living in it ;) And none of the art except the cover page belong to me. HAPPY READING!

"Why are you here, Ron, and how?" she said with frustration evident on her face.

"Hey, Hermione. Just listen to me. I came here to tell you that I am leaving for Russia the day after tomorrow."

Her composure dropped after hearing the word 'Russia'. "And your owl was ill, I assume. That is why you came here yourself to deliver me this news which does not even concern me directly. Not anymore though." She snapped with seething eyes and in a way was asking him to leave her alone.

"Why are you being like this Hermione? It was just a one-time thing. I did not sleep with her. I promise. Please forgive me."

"OHH! Good joke Ronald." She exclaimed and scoffed simultaneously if it was possible. "And I hope you are going to Russia only for work and not to meet her. And if by chance I had not found you two together in the park, do you think it would remain the same?" she stopped and took a breath. "Please go away now, let me live my life peacefully and you go live with your Barbie doll. Do not contact me again, I am repeating myself for the very last time. I have nothing to do with you except you are Ginny's brother and Harry's best friend." She made sure her point got across clearly complemented with the finger she pointed at him.

But Ron was never a fast learner. As soon as she turned around he grabbed her elbow and yanked her back. At the same moment, Theo emerged from the corner of the passage and interrupted the deadly stare she was giving him. "Ms. Granger, Mr. Malfoy is waiting for you in the lobby. Please come down as soon as possible." Straightforwardly ignoring the redhead he walked back towards the lobby to tell his dear friend about the situation upstairs. It was no fun playing a messenger but his jealousy made it so.

Ron let go of her arm but continued his rant. "You are correct Mione, but please give me a chance. Even god gives second chances."

"This was your second chance, Ron. And next time you grab me like that my wand will be talking with you, not me. Get that right in your head and for god's sake don't cheat on her." She walked away with a swagger and felt proud of herself. She had finally let go of the person who was holding her back. It hurt, yes. She had lost her best friend but sometimes it was better to let go of things rather than hanging on to mere strings of broken trust. She had chosen to love herself first.

*******

Draco waited for her in the lobby, not to mention that it was a long one indeed. He had let the weasel in as he had a valid reason to talk to her and Draco thought they were still together but that was not the case. He was happy for some reason and ignored it saying that Weasley never did deserve her. As she entered the foyer through the corner, he saw his mum in her. The posture, the confidence she radiated and the subtle smirk on her face resembled her mother too much that it was scary. He did not notice that he was staring at her until she came close and stood in front of him waving her hands at his face.

He regained his senses and swatted away her hand and started walking towards the door. "Why was the Weasel here?" he inquired even though he was not curious about it.

"I know you let him in, Malfoy. Don't play innocent with me. And Theo must have told you what was the reason for him coming here and me showing him his way out", she replied as he caught up with his pace.

"So, he cheated on you and you let him go, just like that. No fight, no spells. It is unlike you."

"Yes, I hope it was me. But just like you have, I have grown up too and have learned to control my temper. I don't want to waste my time and energy on him and his childish tantrums. It is enough for a lifetime."

"I can't believe I am saying this but I think you are right in this. He never even deserved you."

Hermione stopped in her tracks and stared blankly at the back of his head. When he felt that he was walking alone he too stopped at turned back. He realized soon what he had said and what it insinuated.

"No, no I don't mean it like that. It's just..." he scratched his head. "No, that is what I exactly meant. You are too good for him, Hermione and you should be proud of your choices. I have no right to say this but what you did was correct and it is my unbiased opinion."

"I don't remember asking for it, Malfoy. It is better if you keep it to yourself and keep moving. We are already late." Hermione countered to hide the embarrassment that was forced to show on her cheeks and went forward towards the carts.

"Aww, the Famous Matchmaker or the Queen of Hearts is not able to find the one for her and has come here to find me one. What a wonderful situation!" he mocks shrieked and regretted it at the moment when he saw her fiery eyes.

"I did not come here to talk about me, Mr. Malfoy, it will be better if we keep this professional and move towards your goal. I want to inform you that we have finalized 3 candidates after the personal interview that have high compatibility with your interests and qualities that I have narrowed down whom I will introduce to you this weekend."

"But what to do, I am more interested in your love life Ms. Granger. Did you have no one else other than Weasley? Or there was someone but you never acted on it?"

"If you are really that curious about my life I'll let you in some information that I have broken up and got together with Ron 2 times in the last 8 years and now I know that he is not the one. As for others, I did not have any serious relationships, just one or two dates with some guys and that's it."

"And why is that so. Don't tell me you are still waiting for your prince."

"No, I am not. Just waiting for the right one. To be honest, the closer I get to find other people a match the further away I am from finding one for myself. I have accepted that as an occupational hazard and now we are late."

"No, we aren't late. We have arrived."

................THOUGHTS????

A/N - Hi Guys, any comments, constructive criticism or reviews are more than welcome!

Don't forget to comment and vote if you like the story. Stay safe.

~ gK