chappie nine: home

---

---

Soft breaths turned to tiny visible puffs of clouds dancing through the air. Another breath lingered out for the sake of amusement to see another cloud. The cold atmosphere wasn't anything to joke around about, but it sure did make the scenery all around that much enjoyable to look at. Something about the fog around the town and the how sleepy it made Yona was rather calming than gloomy as other interpreted it to be.

She tucked her phone inside the pocket of her cotton hoodie and brought her legging covered legs to her chest. Slowed music of some artist blared through her airs as her droopy (color) eyes watched the barely there waves travel onwards.

Passers glanced at the girl thinking how depressed she looked sitting alone and watching the pond, but if they saw the serene look on her face, they'd think otherwise. Most teenagers her age spent time at shops, hanging out with friends or working. Yona did go out to purchase things for herself or usually stayed at home and had chores to do, but hanging out was only sometimes.

It had been several hours since she's texted Toritsuka after he told her he had his own day to get through. She left him alone and decided to take herself out. This wasn't common for her to do. In junior high, she learned her lesson with trying to force herself to linger around other people she knew nothing about or care too. None of them were bothered by her, but it wasn't like they accepted her either. Yona stopped waiting around for an invitation and spent more time focusing on herself. Easier said than done from the expecting moments when she checked her phone for a message.

People disappoint. Yona laid her body down on the soft grass and stared up at the grey sky. Less friends, less expectations and less disappointment.

Drip

A splash of water dropped onto the sleeve of Yona's hoodie. It was followed by another, and another. Quick to open her eyes and feel the building wetness seep through the fabric, she got up off the ground and jogged to find immediate shelter. Her parents would no doubt call her and inform her to come home unless she wanted to get sick.

Her head darted left and right, stopping at a cute and homey looking building. It was a wooden, almost vintage looking coffee house that resembled those bars seen on fantasy type shows. Cafe Mami, was the name of the place.

The bell dinged, alerting the waitress that a new customer had arrived. Yona's cheeks warmed at the comfortable silence and temperature, reminding her of what the sheets of her bed felt like when she snuggled into them. Inside was as modest as it was on the outside. Not too bland or flashy.

"Welcome!" An eager voice caused the (color) hair girl to flinch.

Yona smiled politely at the girl who looked to be around her age and almost familiar. The waitress had maroon hair tied in low ponytails that rested on both shoulders and maroon eyes to match.

"Hi." Yona waited patiently for the waitress to show her to a seat. The lack of customers made it easy, but she didn't want to just sit herself as that was probably what the waitress did.