chappie two: dessert

Saiki Kusuo clicked his tongue in annoyance

Saiki Kusuo clicked his tongue in annoyance. His mother had sent him out for another trip to the market, except he already knew that there was nothing his family needed that he couldn't just get with the snap of his fingers to save him the time and energy. Kusuo loved his mother dearly, but this woman had the habit of wanting him to go out and interact with the world.

"Kusuo, don't forget to get me-"

The pink haired male quickly walked out of his house before his father could reach him and ask for anything. He loved his dad too, but at times the older man was easily annoying. He had enough people to deal with at school and anytime he had to go outside, there was always someone or something waiting to pull him in an unwanted situation.

But it did make his life all the more interesting, something he may or may not have grown accustomed to. While on this thought, Kusuo was reminded of the small incident regarding a friend of his ...friend? Acquaintance? Whatever, point is, that girl was definitely odd. He just hoped that the perverted idiot wouldn't try and introduce them together or else he'd have to add another name to list of people to avoid.

Once at the store, Kusuo darted towards the dessert aisle and was quite relieved to see that there were few people around. Though this market was smaller one compared to the one he always went to. It was a bit far from his house, but the lack of people in it was worth it.

Coffee Jelly. His eyes softened at the packaged goodness. There it was sitting so beautifully in all of its glory with the light reflecting its voluminous shape. It was the last one.

Cookies

Too busy on his own thoughts, Saiki jumped when he heard another thought along with his. His narrowed eyes glanced to the person not too far from him and he internally cried upon seeing the person he had hoped wouldn't know about his presence. He watched as the girl paid him no attention and grabbed a case of cookies from the shelf and put them in her shopping basket.

Hm, oh dang, this coupon says I need a package of coffee jelly in order to get the free mini package of cookies. Her (color) eyes wondered the shelves until seeing the last package of coffee jelly and the male standing in front of it.

I wonder if he's getting it. She turned back to the case of cookies in her hand. A soft blush coated her cheeks, I wonder if he'd be willing to let me buy the coffee jelly. Ugh, no, it's the last one and I don't want to ruin this guy's snack time. Hm, I could offer to pay for it! I've seen him around school, but it's not like we know each other. I won't have to worry about talking to him again!

Kusuo stayed where he was when you approached him. To heck with not interacting with you when you offering to give him a deal he didn't want to decline. And you didn't want to interact with him. Maybe you weren't so--

I didn't bring enough money!!! You panicked.

Saiki grabbed the coffee jelly and walked passed you. He went up to the register and disregarded the small appreciation he was beginning to feel for you. Even if you didn't interact with him again, he'd still feel as if he owed you something in return. Kusuo didn't like being in anyone's debt.

"I'm sorry sir, due to today's sales, you'll need to buy a package of cookies." The female cashier gave an apologetic smile. She sweatdropped at the stoic face of the younger boy, "Do you want to grab something else?"

Just as Kusuo wanted to burn this entire building down, he felt the soft texture of cotton brush against his arm. He saw the girl with (color) hair standing beside him with a small smile on her lips as she put a package of cookies down along with the amount of money needed.

"Will this help?" You said.

Thank god I had money in my bra. I hate to admit, but Toritsuka was right about keeping money there. A sigh of relief escaped your lips.

Kusuo ignored this and focused more on the dilemma that was beginning to form. With you paying for what he was going to get for himself irked him a bit. Though he followed you out of the store not wanting to seem too greedy. He wouldn't have cared if it weren't for you having the treat in your hold. That and his mother had taught him better.

"Don't think of this as an act of kindness." Your voice brought his gaze to you. "I thought it was a good deal if I get what I came for and you get what you wanted." She opened the bag and gently handed Kusuo the beautifully packaged coffee jelly. Her eyes watched his face brighten up.

"Have a good night." She smiled at his expression before walking away.

Guess that solves the dilemma problem. Kusuo thought. Seeing you at school was no problem considering you never once tried to interact with him, but the both of you were still connected to each other's lives because of a certain medium. Toritsuka knew the consequences if Kusuo's identity was ever revealed. Still, there was a possibility that the two of you would cross paths again. Then again, you didn't make any small talk or try and create some reason to hang around him.

"Hey!"

Spoke too soon. Kusuo turned around to see you holding out a folded piece of paper. He raised a brow, curious to what was on it. Hopefully not her number. The male continued to stare at the paper with you nudging it towards him.

Kusuo rolled his eyes, reluctantly taking the piece of paper from your hands and unfolded it. It wasn't your number, instead it was a front and backsided coupon.

"I'm pretty stocked up, but coming from a dessert lover, you aren't." She stuffed your hands in the pockets of her hoodie and opened a package of the free cookies she received and took a bite. "You'll get a discount and free choice of any mini snack."

"Thanks." He couldn't help but say. This coupon was like a golden ticket. Kusuo didn't receive his allowance until another month and with the little amount he had currently, this should help him for the next week.

You shrugged, her face going serious, "Like I said, this isn't an act of kindness--"

"Thank you." Her mouth parted when Kusuo bowed, still in awe of the coupon in his hands.

"Yeah, no problem." You turned on her heel and walked off.

This solves my problem. You put your hood on. He thanked me and that's that.

Kusuo kept his eyes on you as he take a bite from his own treat. On one hand, he was glad to know that he didn't have to worry about another person worming their way into his life, but on the other hand, there was still a nagging feeling that would only be satisfied if he were to repay this favor. For now, he appreciated the heavenly taste of coffee jelly and tucked the coupon away.