chappie three: aware of you

Toritsuka trying to hide his erotic magazine underneath the lunch table was more obvious than you pretending to listen to the teacher during a lesson

Toritsuka trying to hide his erotic magazine underneath the lunch table was more obvious than you pretending to listen to the teacher during a lesson. The heavy blush on his cheeks despite the stoic face he tried to wear didn't help either. You lifted the chopsticks to your mouth, shoving them in your mouth to cover a laugh when Toritsuka flinched at the sudden drop of his magazine.

"That's not nice, Yona-chan." Reita glared as you returned your leg to cross over the other one. "I could have been caught."

"Don't bring them in the first place." You pointed a chopstick at him.

He stuffed the unholy papers in his bag and ate his food that you had threatened to take if didn't eat it soon. The purple haired male questioned his adoration for you at times. You did ruin the perfect mood of him trying to enjoy his fantasies, but that didn't stop him from smiling at your playful teasing.

"What're you doing after school?" He questioned.

You tilted your head in thought. There was nothing interesting on television that you needed to see or any marathons happening soon and you were all finished with the missing assignments you had needed to complete. You shrugged and continued to eat your meal in silence, knowing that Reita took the shrug as an answer.

"I was thinking-- oh wow!" He trailed off from his sentence, babbling in a lovesick daze.

You raised a brow and followed his gaze to see a glowing light coming closer. Gasps and comments of the male and female population filled the air seeing as the figure of Kokomi Teruhashi walked the floor. She appeared to be approaching your table and you wondered why.

In your glance, you spotted the pink haired male that you had assisted. His two friends, like everyone else, were staring along at Teruhashi. You were surprised to see that he wasn't since his gaze was directed towards his food tray.

She's coming over here? You didn't stare too long and turned back to your half empty bowl. A sad expression grew on your face seeing that you were almost done.

"H-Hey Teruhashi-san." Toritsuka greeted in a polite yet charming manner, leaning back with a handsome smile on his face.

Garbage. You thought. You did find Toritsuka handsome, but you knew this facade of his was a fake compared to the sinful thoughts he must've had by now. That didn't mean his was always garbage, just his perverted side.

"Hello, Toritsuka-kun. I came here to talk to Lin-san, if that's alright with the both of you." Teruhashi smiled with kind eyes.

"Sure, I'll bring you a chair." Toritsuka quickly stood up but was stopped by Teruhashi who held her hand out.

"Oh that won't be necessary." She turned to you with a hopeful expression, "I meant in private, if you don't mind."

Something about this hopeful expression in her face intrigued you. You looked down at your bowl and then back at her with a nod. She smiled as you followed after her, ignoring the confused crowd that murmured at the two of you.

This looks like a confession scenario. You caught yourself silently fangirling at how similar this was to those mangas about girl love, but you immediately shut it down because this wasn't it at all. You weren't denying that Teruhashi was cute, because she was and her gentle voice did comfort you in a way, however, you didn't feel any attraction towards her. Partly because you both rarely interacted.

"So what's up?" You leaned against the railing when the two of you stopped.

"How are you?" Was her first question. She laughed nervously, folding her hands together. "I mean with assignments and everything."

Why am I acting like this is difficult? This is a simple invitation to hang out from me to her. Saiki is always so reserved and with all of these other guys not hesitating to approach me, I need to learn how to interact better with introverts.

"Fine." Was all you said. Your eyes glanced out to the window, smiling as a bird had sat itself on top of a branch to see its younglings.

Teruhashi took this chance to look away to think about what to say next. She always knew what to say, but it was difficult when it came down to people who didn't say much. Still, she composed herself and took a deep breath, reminding herself who she was.

"Cute." You muttered, stopping the girl from saying what she needed to say.

"Huh?" Teruhashi's ocean blue eyes snapped up to see your head looking out the window to see the birds better. She watched as your (color) eyes brightened and a small smile was on your lips. "Oh right, the birds." Embarrassment washed over her for feeling flustered.

You looked over at her and sheepishly shrugged your shoulders, "Sorry, was there anything else you needed?"

"Yes!" She responded. "I know that this is a sudden thing, but I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me after school?" Teruhashi smiled.

This will work out! A girl like Lin-san won't stick out in a crowd and she's always hanging out with that Toritsuka guy or by herself so she must not go out a lot.

"Why not ask anyone else?" You raised a brow. Teruhashi blinked, as you did too. "Not to be rude, we don't really know each other and I'm sure you have other friends you'd rather hang out with?"

From behind a wall, Saiki listened in. He knew that the possibility of you and him crossing paths was bound to happen, but not now. In his head, he wished to the gods that you declined her offer.

"Alright."

Of course. Teruhashi always got her way. How could he forget? Saiki glared at the ground, scrunched his nose up. He knew that Teruhashi was only hanging out with you so that she can get an understanding of how to interact better with introverts, bu--

This girl isn't one to randomly hang out with others without a catch. Saiki turned around to see your face. In your head, was that smirk he saw before. She must need something...alright I'll play along and eventually find out. There will be a time when she'll return the favor and have no choice but to say yes. After all, she has her kindhearted reputation to uphold.

Who is this girl, the grim reaper for favors? Saiki shook his head at this odd sadistic side of you.