25; Thunderstorm and Bedtime Stories

The loud sound of a thunderstorm could be heard from the outside, Xiao Zhan jerked up awake as the grumbling and rumbling sound got louder and the rain got heavier, pattering against the windows. An unsettled feeling creeped it's way to his stomach, the feeling of antsy and humid also found it's way to his heart. As the air got heavier, so did Xiao Zhan heart as it began beating speedily beneath his chest, his hands shook beneath the blanket, his head felt weighty as if it was being pressing down and his forehead got sweaty. He turned his head to the side to find Wang Yibo fast asleep, wearing a long sleeve shirt, it was the first time he worn a shirt to sleep.

Xiao Zhan bite his lips, debuting on wether he should wake him or not but he shook his head, dismissing the idea as he thought of how the other went to bed early, he must had been really tired. Slowly, he pulled the sheets closer to his chest, jerking very time a thunder sound rang through the room, pricing through his sensitive ears. His phobia for thunderstorm had started again and this time, he was going to have a full dose of it.

Terrified, he hid beneath the covers, covering his ears with his ears as lightening strike and Xiao Zhan screamed as he could help it any longer, waking the other man sleeping beside him.

Wang Yibo jerked awake from the scream. Panicked, he turned to the other to find his lover shivering under the blankets. He immediately placed a hand on his shoulder and Xiao Zhan jerked up, turning the blanket over his body. The grim man noticed how the other was sweating and panting badly.

"Babe, what's wrong, are you okay?" Wang Yibo asked with concerned but Xiao Zhan's breathing got heavier. Wang Yibo immediately pulled him into his embrace, wrapping his arms around him tightly and securely. "Shhhh" Wang Yibo gently stroke his arm, whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

Being in Wang Yibo's arms, Xiao Zhan breathe slowly calmed down and his heart beat decreased to it's normal state. He took slow and steady breathes and soon, he was fullfilly calm and relaxed in the other's warm arms.

"Am sorry I woke you up" Xiao Zhan immediately apologised, putting himself closer to the other, wanting more of that warmth.

"You silly being, why didn't you wake me up. You seem to forget you are with a child" Wang Yibo scolded in a gentle manner.

Xiao Zhan slowly shut his eyes. "Am sorry, I thought you must be tired, I didn't want to disturb you"

"It's okay, make sure to wake me up next time or run to me when you seek comfort" Wang Yibo told him and he smiled, answering with a mn but suddenly, he felt something wet and warm beneath his hand. Confused, he opened his eyes and stared at his palm, his eyes went wide as he saw it was covered in blood.

"You are bleeding!" Xiao Zhan immediately voiced out without thinking, putting out from his embrace.

Wang Yibo his gazed to his arm, to find his shirt soaked in his blood. "Shit!" He cursed, immediately getting out of bed and running towards the bathroom.

Almost instantly, Xiao Zhan ran after him. He arrived in time to see Wang Yibo getting rid of his shirt, he gasped when he saw a white bandage wrapped around his upper arm. Xiao Zhan frowned, now he knew why he was sleeping with a long sleeve shirt.

"Babe, can you get me the first aid box. It's in the wallrobe" Wang Yibo requested as he slowly unwrapped the bandage from his arm, revealing a bullet wound.

Without wasting a second, Xiao Zhan immediately rushed out and later returned with the first aid box. Wang Yibo stretched his hand out to take it but Xiao Zhan shifted it away.

"Sit!" The pregnant person ordered. Instantly, Wang Yibo sat down at the toilet.

Xiao Zhan bend down and started treating the wound with the first aid kit. "When were you going to tell me. Let me guess, never?" Xiao Zhan started, stealing a glance at the other.