35; Ice

Slowly, he pushed the glass doors and he stepped his foot in but stopped as a lump solidified in his throat. He inhaled and exhaled, composing himself from panicking. With one finally intake of breath, he pushed the doors wider and scrolled in, the brightness of the room nearly dazzling but he didn't care as all his attention was on the demised body lying on the bed, attached with machines to breathe, he gulped feeling a sudden tightness in his heart.

Was this his fault...? Of course it was, everything was his fault. Not only did he lose his child, Jiyang was also fighting for his life and it was all because of him, because of his innocent, naive ways.

Taking baby steps, he stopped beside the bed where the other person laid lifelessly, only the sound of the mentor was there to indecate he was still alive, struggling to make it to the land of the living.

Jiyang, a man he was used to seeing every single day, a man who always had something to say about everything, a man who had yet to fullfil his wishes, it was the same man who was lying on the bed, pale and white just like the dead.

A single tear drop slipped out from his eyes as he thought of their first meeting, Xiao Zhan couldn't help but chuckled out as he recalled that fateful day, that day that opened a new chapter in both their lives.

Xiao Zhan slowly and softly caressed his pale hands. "Am so sorry Jiyang, it was my fault, my fault for not listening to you, my fault for being naive. Please, wake up and blame me, shout at me, hit me, I don't care, just wake up Jiyang. I miss you, Haoxuan misses you, Yibo misses you, we all miss you, please, don't sleep for too long!" He cried, he weeped, he wailed till the tears in his eyes went dry and their was nothing left, everything in him felt numb as he sat on a chair, never letting go of the other's hand.

"Xiao Zhan" he heard his name being called and slowly like a tortoise he reeled to the door to find Yuchen standing there, a phone in his left hand. "Your uncle wishes to speak to you" saying that, he handed over the phone to the other person, who took it with shaking hands and held it against his ear.

"Hello, uncle" Xiao Zhan uttered into the phone, his voice dead and low. Silently, he listened to what his uncle had to say and the call soon ended, Xiao Zhan handed the phone back to the owner. He stood up and gently let go of Jiyang's hand. "I will make them pay for everything"

Saying nothing else, Xiao Zhan matched out from the room back to the main mansion.

Reaching the large living room, Wang Yibo was no where to be found but a man, dressed in suit was sitting comfortably on one of the expensive couches, his legs crossed as if he owned the place and a cigarette hanged between his fingers. Not finding who he came for, Xiao Zhan turned to leave but the man's husky voice stopped him on his tracks.

"Well, well well, what do you have here?" The man stood up, throwing his cigar on the shiny floor, he adjusted his jacket and made his way towards the other person. "You must be Wang Yibo's little whore" he continued, coming behind Xiao Zhan. "It's the first time I've seen him with a whore, you must be special and oh, I like the way you smell" he sniffed his hair, Xiao Zhan's body shivered in disgusted, he gritted his teeth, trying to restrain himself from doing something he would regret but his knuckles were fisted at their side, quaking and juddering, wanting to be released on his face.

"Move away!" Xiao Zhan ordered, trying to keep his voice as nice and calm as he could but the man found his threat jesting as he bursted out laughing.

"Wang Yibo's little slut is tough, I like that. I wonder how tough you'll be when I have you tied to my bed, screaming beneath me as I po..." His sentence was left halfway as Xiao Zhan landed a fist on his nose, making it bleed, he smirked in satisfaction.

"I am no one's whore asshole!" Xiao Zhan spat, kicking the man in his stomach and he ended up falling on the ground, wailing and moaning in pain.

"You price of shit!" The man cursed.

"What did you say?" Just when Xiao Zhan was about to give him another kick in the guts, Wang Yibo came out.

"What's going on here?" Wang Yibo asked signaling the two men walking behind him and they rushed forward, putting the man on his feet, Wang Yibo didn't fail to notice the cunning smirk playing on Xiao Zhan's face.

"He started it! He tried to touch me!" Xiao Zhan pointed, the bleeding person glared draggers at him.

"Why can't I, after all you are still a whore" he continued, dusting the hands holding him as he straightened his suit.

Wang Yibo's eyes darkened at his words. "Mr Smith, I don't think that's the reason why you are here" he stated calmly.

"Mr Wang, I think you already know our agreement, you have my goods, while I take anything I want" Mr smith smirked, eyeing Xiao Zhan lustfully.

Wang Yibo's lips curved into a smirk as he sat down on a couch, crossing his legs. "Yeah, that's our agreement, what do you want Mr Smith?"

The man turned towards Xiao Zhan and winked. "I want him"

"Him? I don't think you can handle him" Wang Yibo shook his head in a pitiful manner. "I'll give you something else" he bargained.

"That isn't part of our deal!"

"I know but I changed my mind" he snapped his fingers and Haoxuan came out with a little girl, barely at the age of five, held in his arms.

"Daddy!" The little girl called seeing her father.

"Don't you dare harm her bastard!" Mr smith gulped.

"Trust me, I didn't kidnap her. We found her in the street asking for her daddy, I think you should thank me for saving your daughter" Wang Yibo said while Xiao Zhan just watched the scene silently, he had an idea on what the grim man was planning but he wasn't entirely sure.

"What do you want?"

"We'll have a talk later. For now, you'll stay with me for a while. Take him away" he ordered and the men immediately dragged Mr Smith and Haoxuan followed with the little girl.

"What are you going to do with them?" Xiao Zhan grilled.

"I need to fish someone out, this game has been played for far too long, I think it's time I put it to an end" Wang Yibo replied with darkened orbs.

Xiao Zhan sighed. "Uncle called..."

"I know, I'll drop you at his place. You'll spend the night there"

"Why, what's going on...?"

"Nothing, I just thought you might want to spend some time with your uncle" Wang Yibo stated rising on his feet, he moved over to Xiao Zhan and pressed his lips on his forehead lovingly and tenderly before putting away. "Get ready, Haoxuan will drop you off" without another word being said, Wang Yibo turned and walked away, leaving Xiao Zhan confused cause he was surely sure something was going on, something Wang Yibo didn't want him to find out but he hoped whatever the other man was hiding wasn't dangerous, he was ready to lose another precious thing in his life.

*~*

Such a boring chapter, I know but we just have to continue to get to the bottom of this.

Kindly ignore the errors, editing will be made as soon as the book is finished.

Who do you think Wang Yibo is trying to fish out... any ideas 😁

But anyway, let's continue.

I think it's about time we learn what the Wangs have with the Xiaos.

Next chapter loading....