8

The days seemed to be passing by quickly, but maybe that was just because Y/N was trying to get so much done in one day that it felt like three days. She had her office work during the day, she went to go to see the sheep and Gwen in the evening (always with someone else around, like Tubbo or Quackity, but never Schlatt) and then when she got back she had to try and keep Schlatt in a somewhat good mood.

It was better for her and everyone around Schlatt if he was in a good mood, because he could get really paranoid and really nasty when things weren't going the way he wanted them to. He'd lash out at pretty much anyone when he got upset like that and no one knew what kinds of consequences they might be dealing with from his little outbursts. It could range from being yelled at to being threatened with prison or execution or exile from Manberg.

But the thing that was probably stressing Y/N out the most was how Schlatt would always plan to do things at the very last minute. All of a sudden major political decisions were a spontaneous thing. It was stressing Y/N out. She couldn't be sure of anything anymore and she was even less sure of how she felt about everything that had happened. Not like she had a lot of time to think about it.

This was the main issue for today - Schlatt had called in a big diplomatic meeting in the White House and he had told her about this pretty much last minute. She didn't even know what this would be about or who they were meeting, but apparently it was important, so Y/N was terrified of being late. It wasn't like she was actually ever part of any negotiations, but Schlatt would get mad anyway, if she'd show up late.

So she was rushing to get ready in the morning and to meet up with Schlatt and the rest of the cabinet. She was rushing so much that she almost knocked Tubbo to the ground, who seemed to be surprised to see her on her way to the meeting at all. That's what she gathered from his shocked eyes, at least.

"Y/N, what are you doing? You're not... you're not going to the meeting, are you?" he asked her, looking even more shocked. Y/N had no idea why he looked that surprised, Schlatt basically never left her alone.

"Of course I am. And Schlatt's going to kill me if I don't show up on time, so I gotta hurry. Come on, or you'll be late, too." Y/N replied, grabbing Tubbo's wrist and pulling him along with her.

"Y/N! Y/N, wait, you don't want to be there, trust me, you don't know who's going to be there!" Tubbo protested, but Y/N had no time to listen to that. Not right now, anyway. Even if she wouldn't like the people that would be there, it wasn't like she could just not show up. She'd get publicly executed if she did that.

"It's not like I can do much about it, can I? How bad can it be?" she replied, already seeing a small group in the distance. There was definitely Schlatt and Quackity and she could make out George, as well.

"Y/N, you have no idea, they're meeting with Tommy and Wilbur!" Tubbo finally said. Y/N stopped in her tracks, but it was too late. Schlatt had already noticed her and was waving her over. Y/N felt like she was frozen in place. Wilbur would be there? But... why? She became painfully aware of the hickeys covering her neck. Schlatt had done this on purpose, hadn't he?

"It's too late now. Come on, let's just get it over with, because this won't get pretty." Tubbo said with a sigh. Now he was the one dragging her along, as Y/N followed as if she was in shock.

"Y/N and Tubbo! Finally. It's about time. Come on, our guests are waiting." Schlatt greeted them with a big grin on his face. Y/N didn't even know what was happening. She just nodded at him gravely, before he continued some earlier conversation he had with Quackity. Y/N couldn't focus on what they were saying, as they made their way down towards the White House.

She could see a small group of people standing in front of it. There was someone she assumed was Technoblade. She hadn't ever seen him in real life, but she had heard of him and it could only be him. There was Tommy, there was Niki and there was... there was Wilbur.