Epilogue

I didn't get a lot of sleep that night. All I could see was Manberg... or rather L'Manberg going up in flames. There were a lot more explosions right after that and I had no idea what was going on or who was responsible for this. Maybe it was Technoblade since he seemed to know what would happen.

I spent most of the night lying in bed, trying to fall asleep but being unable to even close my eyes. I was anxious and scared, not sure what was going to happen. Why had Techno brought me up here anyway?

At least I could eat something, there was some food left in a cupboard. But I had no idea what was going on and it was keeping me awake at night. Seeing Wilbur again had made everything a whole lot more difficult and I just... I just didn't know what side I was on anymore and what to do now.

Of course he'd take over whatever was left of L'Manberg, but I had no idea if I'd be able to return or if I even wanted to return. I had no idea what happened with those explosions. I had no idea whether Technoblade was still okay or not after that. Was anyone okay? Were they going to hunt me down for being a traitor? I had no fucking idea and it was keeping me awake.

It wasn't until the early morning that I got some answers. I heard a knock on my door and I was panicking at first, wondering whether I should hide somewhere, in case it was Tommy or Wilbur and they were trying to find me to execute me or something. I had no idea if they'd actually do that, all I knew was that it was a thing Schlatt would do. And that had obviously skewed my judgment.

While I was still thinking the door to the cabin opened and someone came inside. I sighed with relief when I saw that it was Technoblade. He looked tired and exhausted, when he came in and he was a little wounded - not too bad, though. It took a little while until he noticed me.

"Ah, so you got out in the end. Good." he just said and walked over to the cupboard to grab some food.

"I did get out... what the hell happened down there?" I wanted to know.

"Wilbur blew up the entire place. His dad ended up killing him right after. It was messy. I was trying to stop them from forming a government, but they wouldn't listen to me. So I made sure that there was some extra destruction in L'Manberg. And then... well, I don't really remember that part too well. I guess it was the voices again and... well, you know what happened at the Festival." he explained. I nodded.

"Why did you help me?" I asked.

"You looked like you needed help. You had nothing to do with the whole thing, you just got caught up in it and everyone thought you were betraying them. They would have all at least thrown you into jail for the rest of your life. So I figured you could use some help." he replied and started eating some of the bread that was left in the cupboard. I nodded and sat back down on the bed.

"So... what now? Do I stay here? Do I leave? Is there a plan?" I wanted to know. Technoblade shrugged.

"It's up to you, really. You can stay here if you want. You can go wherever the hell you want. You do you." he said.

"What are you doing?"

"I was planning to go up north, settle down and try to live without violence. People won't listen to what I have to say either way, so I might as well just go and live a peaceful life. Or try at least."

"That actually sounds pretty nice. Wish I could do that, too." I said with a sigh. Technoblade glanced at me.

"Say... how do you feel about governments?" he wanted to know. I scoffed.

"I think I've had enough of governments for the rest of my life, to be honest." I answered. Technoblade grinned.

"You know what? Why don't you join me? I'm sure we can build you a small little cabin. You can get away from everything, relax, live a peaceful life. No governments, no rules, very few people. What do you say?"

"That sounds perfect."