Chapter 11

Nandini turned her face to Navya, biting her lips, covering her face with her hand, and asking Navya what to do (with gestures and expressions). Manik came to her and asked her to turn her face around. She didn't. Manik tried to pull her face to his side but she stayed stiff. Manik finally made Nandini turn her face around. Nandini smiled broadly.

Manik - What's wrong? Why are you behaving strangely?

Nandini - Nothing, nothing.

Manik - Sure? (lifting a brow)

Nandini - yup.

Manik - okay, if you say so. By the way, for how long are you guys going to stay here? Just one lecture is left for today, you all wanna attend that or not?

Navya - Ours free.

Dhruv - And, we are not in the mood to attend it.

Manik - Okay, then let's go out. I think we should not stay here.

They all went to the outdoor basketball court. Nandini was not speaking at all.

Manik - Guys, how about we all go out for celebrations tonight? I have good news worth celebrating.

Nandini - (excitedly) Sure. Why not! Let's go, guys (winked at them)

All - okay. let's go.

Manik - Fine then, you all be ready by six. I and Kabir will bring our cars.

All - Okay.

Nandini - (to herself with a sigh) Thank god.

Manik - (bent down and in Nandini's ear) Very bad. I already know everything.

Nandini turned to Manik and kept on looking at him and got pissed. All boys started playing basketball.

Mukti - (got the ball) We also want to play.

Manik, Kabir, Dhruv, Abhimanyu - NO!

Mukti - But we...

Kabir, Dhruv - Mukti, try to un....

Abhimanyu - Guys, let me...(he went forward in full attitude with a clever gaze) Mukti (angrily and loudly), come let's play (with a broad smile)

Manik, Dhruv, Kabir - ARGH!!!!

Suddenly, it became boys VS girls. And the boys won in the end, but they were astonished to see the girls playing soo well. They went to their dorms to get ready at 4 pm. Except for Manik and Kabir, others went to get some gifts for Nandini by 4:30 and returned within an hour.

At 6 pm, the boys reached the gate of the girls' dormitory and when they came, they all left together. They all went to a restaurant and booked a private dining area there. Manik arranged a cake and then they ordered. They all were quite happy. Nandini cut the cake and they all started eating. They were enjoying a lot.

Kabir - By the way, Mr Manik, didn't you have good news? Tell us quickly.

Manik - Sure. But first, I have a question for a few of you. Dhruv, Abhimanyu, Alia, and Mukti, would you guys like to develop some games and software together? I am going to establish my company soon and I want my first work to be a game with my friends.

They all looked at each other surprisingly and then turned to Manik together and said...

Dhruv, Alia, Abhimanyu, Mukti - Let's do it!!!!!!