Chapter 19

The next day,

Manik was sitting in the library researching on his laptop. Nandini, Navya and Kabir were busy in their classes. The rest were sitting in the garden area busy with their projects.

Soha came to Manik.

Soha - Excuse me! (Manik looked at her) Manik, I want to ask again, can you please help me with the project?

Manik - Fine, sit!

Soha got happy and sat opposite Manik. They started the discussion and Manik kept on giving her bits of advice and suggestions.

This time, their photos were uploaded on the campus intranet keeping the title "Soha trying to get Manik" It became a hot topic on the whole campus. Nandini and Navya got out of their classroom, they were unaware of the thing. Everyone was looking at Nandini. Nandini and Navya were confused.

An hour later, they all met at the cafeteria for lunch. Nandini, Navya, Kabir and Manik were still unaware of the news post on Intranet.

They all settled on a table. Dhruv took out his phone and...

Dhruv - (reading) Headline - Soha trying to get Manik. (read the whole article for others) Comment 1- What about Nandini? It means I have a chance with Nandini.
Comment 2- I think Manik and Soha look better than Manik and Nandini.
Comment 3- Manik and Soha look so cute together.
Comment 4- This Manik! He always gets the most beautiful girl in freshers. First Nandini, now Soha...

Manik and Nandini weren't bothered at all. They were enjoying their meal: eating, talking and laughing.

Mukti - (calling Nandini) Any comments on what Dhruv read now?

Nandini - (looked carefully) Oh.... Yeah, what a busybody!

Dhruv - Me? How can I be a busybody?

Nandini - (hiss) Not you, man! The one who wrote this rubbish and those who are writing more rubbish(comments) on that.

Alia - It means there's no problem?

Nandini - (innocently) There should be?

Alia - of course, What if this Soha is really trying to get Manik?

Nandini - Then let her try. Because Manik is mine and no one can get him and can keep trying ONLY! (smirks)

Alia - But Nandi......

Manik - If Nandini said no one else can get me, it means NO ONE ELSE CAN GET ME! I belong to her and she belongs to me! That's it! Chapter closed!

Nandini turned to Manik, smiled and both kept looking at each other with smiles.

Next day,

Manik was busy attending lectures so he didn't go to the library. Soha sat there alone and did some research. She soon lost interest in researching and was just looking for Manik.

After the lectures, Manik went to the cafeteria for lunch. He received messages from others as they will be 15 minutes late. He got his meal and sat on the chair. He didn't start. Soha came to him with her meal and sat opposite him.

Manik - (got up and loudly) That seat is taken.

Soha - But there's no one and there's no bag also.

She sat and Manik rolled his eyes in anger but controlled his anger. Nandini and others came there and saw Manik and Soha there. Everyone got angry but Nandini was still unbothered. Kabir stepped forward but Nandini held his hand and pulled him back. She went to take her meal.