Chapter 21

The 5th semester went smoothly and it was the 6th semester now. Manik, Dhruv, Alia, Mukti and Abhimanyu's last semester. They were ready to enjoy this last semester to the fullest. Their game development was also going well and was expected to be done by the end of the semester or a month more.

On a Sunday,

Manik, Dhruv, Alia, Mukti, and Abhimanyu went to the company while Kabir and Navya were out on a three-day trip as Kabir had a meeting to attend in that city. So, Nandini was left alone. Nandini was getting bored. She thought of going to Manik but dropped the idea. She was still thinking about what to do when she received a call from an unknown number. She answered the call.

The person on call - GOOD NEWS! You did it. We are successful in it. It will complete within a year. Now, come only when we call you. I will send the whole report later. Thank you for your hard work.

Nandini - (smiles brightly) Great! And no need for thanks.

The person on call - Also, there's just one major problem left to deal with, on which our team is working already. And yes, your training is already complete so.... you would be sent with the whole team when the time comes.

Nandini - (nervously) Sure. I'll be ready. Bye.

She hung up the call.

Nandini took a deep breath then took out her drawing book and started working on a design. Manish called Nandini. She answered and put the call on speaker continuing her work.

Nandini - Hello, ya dad?

Manish - What are you doing girl?

Nandini - Designing.

Manish - My child, it's Sunday. You should go out with Manik and friends.

Nandini - (sighed) Dad, no one's at the dorm. Navya and Kabir are out. While Manik took the rest of them to the company. They have to work on game development. And it's scorching heat outside, so I don't feel like travelling by bus or cab. I better stay here.

Manish - See, that is why I was asking you to take your car. Now, you can't go out and that car is of no use here. And that Jeep compass you purchased. What to do with it? huh? (sighs to calm down) Listen, I am selling your car, you better keep your Jeep. Also, once Manik graduates, you will be taking that it and I will come often to meet you. That's it!

Nandini - No problem, sir. By the way, what were you doing?

Manish - I am at the company. I will be flying to States by night. (with suspecting expression) Did you forget?

Nandini - Oh.. I remember now. And how's the work at Kabir's hotel going?

Manish - Quite good. Just a bit slower than all other projects. But don't worry. It will get its pace soon. Also, he will first go and bring his degree then only he will start the hotel. I can't believe this lad is avoiding going and taking his degree for three years already. Nandini, be careful, you have to send him this time.

Nandini - Okay. (with a salute) Fine, fine. Now, do your work. Bye! Take care. Happy journey.

Manish - Bye. Take care.

At Uni-Tech (Manik's company),

They were having their lunch break and Manik, Dhruv, Alia, Mukti and Abhimanyu were sitting in Manik's office having a meal. Alia was stalking the college intranet when she found a post titled- NANDINI IS A GOLD DIGGER!! Alia choked on her food. She gave her phone to Manik. Manik saw the article but didn't show any reaction.