Chapter 8

At 6 pm, On the basketball court,

Manik - Let's call it a day. Everyone should leave and take a good rest. I want everyone to be in great condition tomorrow for the match. Don't stress yourself.

They all went to their dorms to rest.

In the girl's dormitory,

Navya, Mukti, and Alia circled around Nandini and started staring at her. Nandini was playing her game. Seeing this, she closed her laptop and asked them to say what they want to say.

Navya - Come to tomorrow's game.

Alia - Exactly, (threw her arm around Nandini's shoulder) You have never seen any campus game. All three of us are going and I think Navya will also hold water for Kabir tomorrow.

Mukti - Come on Nandini, please.

Nandini - (removing Alia's arm and smiling) N.O. No.

Navya - (dramatically) You can't fulfil one demand of your friends.

Nandini - I can fulfil your demands, but not this one.

They tried to influence Nandini for half an hour but nothing happened. Then,

Mukti - Fine, don't go. I am afraid how many will propose to you tomorrow.

They all went to do their work while Nandini was too stunned to speak and went to the washroom pulling her towel which eventually led to her falling down her stuff and others flinched at the sound. Alia turned her laptop on. Sometime later, she logged in to the campus intranet and screamed loudly. All three girls were startled (Navya broke her mug accidentally, Mukti dropped her book on her feet while Nnadini who just stepped out of the washroom was startled by the mess) and rushed to her.

Mukti - What's wrong? Have you seen a ghost?

Alia just pointed at her laptop screen. Nandini, Mukti and Navya looked and Nandini became confused and sad. She went on and sat on the chair. 

There was actually a forum made on which many were proposing to Nandini. 

Nandini - I don't know. Who's such a busybody? Even more than that, which idiot created this intranet and no teacher has any control over that intranet? Seriously? (messing her hair) Ah...!!! I am going crazy!

She wore her overcoat, took her phone and purse and went out. Neither of the girls stopped her because they knew she will come back soon but still, Navya texted Kabir and told him everything. And asked him to search for his sister. 

Kabir took Manik with him and went out saying they would return soon to Abhimanyu and Dhruv. Manik was totally confused. They reached the parking lot. Kabir gave Manik's car key to Manik.

Manik - Where did you get this?

Kabir - That's not important. See, It's already 6:30, Go and bring Nandini back. Right now. No one knows where she went. She doesn't have any vehicle so she must be near about. Navya just texted me (he explained everything to Manik).

Manik rushed out. He just crossed the university campus and saw Nandini sitting on a bench outside. He stopped his car in front of her and asked her to come in. She simply gets in without saying a word. The ride to the cafe was all silent. They talked for a while and returned at 7:30 to their respective dorms. Nandini was smiling now. Her friends were all happy to see her happy. They ate dinner and slept.

The next morning,

All woke late as it was only a match today which would start at 10 am. Navya, Alia, and Mukti were shocked to not see Nandini but noticed a note stuck on her desk. It was written by Nandini saying "Don't worry. I have some work, so I'm going out".