Chapter 20

Nandini put down her phone and was quite angry and sad. She glared at Kabir, Kabir turned around and was gulping.

Nandini - (to Kabir in rage) Is it so important for you to meddle in? huh? Can't you just shut up?

Kabir - (stuttering) I don't think I wronged you. Stop glaring at me. Please.

Nandini - Really? YOU......

Manik - (sweetly) Nandiniii.

Nandini turned her face to Manik. Her anger vanished but she was sad now.

Manik - what happened?

Nandini - Dad wants me to attend a business meeting instead of him! This is not acceptable! He said he... he has something else to do, but why me...????

Manik - Oh..

Nandini - (turned to Manik) What...what do you mean by oh? huh? Help me out.

Manik - Help, how? You know very well that no one can persuade uncle of his business matters. He will only do what he thinks is right. You have no other option but to go and seize the deal. All the best! (winked)

Nandini - (scoffs and turned to Kabir) You.... forget it. I am not going.

Kabir - Let's see!

Nandini glared at him again while Navya elbowed him.

ON MONDAY,

At the cafeteria, Manik, Nandini, Kabir, Navya, Alia, Mukti, Abhimanyu and Dhruv were having a meal. It was around 12 pm.

Mukti - So, Nandini. What are your plans?

Nandini - I am not going. Once dad will get that I really will not go there, he will go himself. Simple (shrugged shoulders)

Alia - Nandini, I still didn't get one thing. Why are you avoiding these when you have to do it after a year or two?

Nandini - (smiles) That's because..... I am just not used to attending meetings to present our designs and seize deals. Alia, I have been doing business since the age of 16. I would go with Dad to attend meetings but only when someone wants to deal with us and not when we have to deal with others. I have been designing since the age of.....14... I think. I just need this degree so that my work is legal. Do you think, I need a degree when I have been already doing the work of an architect for these many years? And also, the best reason is.. dad is great at seizing deals.

Alia - oh...

Nandini - So, how many of you are attending the seminar? (all raised hands) Great! Let's go together. It will start at 2:30 pm.

All - OK.

By 2:30 pm, everyone gathered in the seminar hall. It was a four-hour-long seminar. Nandini, Manik and their friends took a seat near the exit door. Nandini was attending the seminar only because she didn't want to go attend the meeting.

The seminar started with speeches, a business personality was to come by 3 pm. Nandini already started to get bored.

Nandini - (whispers) Navya, Navya.. Pass me the water.

Nandini was drinking water when she suddenly choked at what she saw. It was Manish! Manish is that business personality. Manik patted Nandini's back as she was choking while their friends kept looking at Nandini and Manish.

Nandini - (whispering to Manik) What is he doing here?

Manik - (whispers) How would I know?