Chapter 27

Some days later,

Nandini is remaining too quiet and sad all these days. Manik and his friends are trying their best to cheer her up to bring back that smile and that bubbly girl. Nandini would zone out casually while working. She would sleep less, and work more but will think the most. Manik and Kabir were getting tensed about her nature while others believed she would be fine in some days.

One day, Nandini and Manik were sitting and discussing changes to be brought into the game to make it different from that of Aura because they were developing the exact game. Suddenly, the whole staff showed up at the door of Manik's cabin. Manik called them in. Nandini and Manik were confused to see them all together at a time.

Manik - What is it?

Employee 1 - Boss, actually..... we all are stressing out recently because of the news of Sameer betraying us and now we all have to make changes in the same game.

Employee 2 - Exactly. It requires too much energy and we have to overwork.

Nandini's eyebrows crashed and she rolled her eyes as if she got what they were trying to say.

Nandini - (glaring at all of them) Stop beating around the bush and... Come to the point!

Employee 1 - Actually.... we...

Nandini - (chuckled sarcastically) Keep the letters and GET OUT! (no one moved) OUT!

All employees kept their resignation letters and left, just three were still there.

Nandini - Don't you wanna leave?

Employee - (smiles) We all are young and we believe if the boss can do it, so can we. He has always led us to the right path and we believe we will never lose if we will follow him.

Manik - (smiles proudly) I don't want you guys to follow me. I want you all to stand beside me so that we can show the world that we all are the strongest.

They all smiled.

Nandini - But what to do now?

Manik - Let's continue the work but we have to work overtime from now on.

Nandini - (sigh) You really don't know business tactics man! We can't continue modifying the game. Call the meeting first!

Manik called the meeting as well as informed everyone about the departure of the employees.

In the Meeting room,

Manik - Nandini, you may start.

Nandini - (deep breath) The employees who left actually went to Aura Tech. Aura tech offered them a great profit to attract them because if Aura will have our employees they can prove easily that they didn't develop our game, they just developed on the basis of ideas provided by their employees.

All - WHAT!

Nandini - Yeah, you think yourself why they will resign suddenly and without any valid reason or a proper explanation.

Dhruv - Nandini, how can you be so sure?

Nandini - (smirks) I not only have a mind of a programmer but also of a businessman!

Mukti - Woah! This smirk, it means you have your ways and someone should be afraid!

Abhimanyu - Wait! As per what Nandini said it means that Aura will still develop the game?