•Chapter Three• Starting Fresh

Andie

While I was glad and indebted to Tristan for taking me in, I was afraid to fully trust him. Everyone I had ever trusted, or depended on, had left me. I was convinced that I was bad, that somehow having me around made people realize I was more of a burden than they could bear. They all left because of me after all.

The day I was evicted from the only home I knew, Tristan found me crying on that stone bench and after hearing what had happened, he took me by the hand before leading me away. He gave me a reassuring smile when I asked where we were going. "We're going to my house," Tristan said.

My eyes nearly jumped out of their sockets when I got my first glimpse of his house. It was the biggest house I had ever seen, I couldn't help but be awed. I stood there with my mouth hanging open until a tug on my hand brought me back to reality. I looked at Tristan as he began leading me around to a back door.

"Never use the front door, " Tristan warned as we reached the back door. "Use only this door, ok?" I nodded as we walked into a back hallway. He went on to explain about his parents, that it was best to avoid them and how we had to stay to the half of the house he was indicating as he gave me a tour.

When we reached the kitchen, I couldn't believe how big it was. It was bigger than the apartment I grew up in! Tristan sat me at the island and then hurried over to the freezer, where he took out two tv dinners. He placed one into the microwave to cook, then got two juice boxes out of the fridge. 

When our dinners were ready, he brought them over, then sat down next to me to eat. "It's ok for us to use the kitchen, " Tristan told me after his first bite. "My parents prefer to order take out and they have a fridge as well as a full-size bar in their half of the house for their alcohol." Tristan made a disgusted face when he spoke of alcohol.

After we ate, Tristan took me to a bedroom next to his and told me it would be my room. He gave me one of his shirts, then told me I should go take a bath before bed. I crawled into the bed with a sigh after my bath but moments later I began to cry. My chest hurt so much that I couldn't control it any longer.

I had been crying for a few minutes when I felt someone crawl into bed with me, then hug me tight. "It's ok, " Tristan whispered into my hair. "I'm here and I'm never gonna leave you, ok?" He told me. "We're family now and we're gonna be together forever. Do you hear me? I'm never gonna leave you, no matter what."

I sniffed and nodded my head. I wanted to believe him but it was hard after all I had been through. "I swear that I will always be with you and always take care of you, Andie. Promise me that we will stay together no matter what, " Tristan demanded and I did, we even pinkie swore on it. We fell asleep holding each other that night.

**************************

I hope u enjoyed this chapter. I would appreciate it if u would leave a comment letting me know what u think. Thanx nd plz vote :)