•Chapter Thirteen• Moving On

Andie

It's been a few months since I moved my things out of Tristan's house and into the penthouse suite dad got for me. It's weird to have my dad in my life after all these years. I wanted to be mad at him but when I found out the truth, I was furious with my mother for being such a lying bitch. She convinced me he left because of me but it was a big lie.

The truth was much more despicable than just my dad walking out on us. From what I learned, shortly before my second birthday, my father came home early one day to find mom cheating with a neighbor. They got into a screaming argument during which, mom swung at dad. Dad caught her hand and pushed her away from him.

Neither of them noticed me crawling past to reach a toy under the couch. Mom stumbled backward and tripped over me causing us both to be hurt in the process. She called the police and told them dad had assaulted us both and he was arrested. Mom was granted a restraining order as well as full custody of me.

They got a divorce and mom moved us away so dad couldn't find us. Child support was being sent to mom through the child support agency so that dad wouldn't be privy to the new address. She deprived me of my father because she loved sleeping around and had a drug habit I never knew about until dad told me.

"Hey, sweetheart!" Dad calls out as soon as I enter his office. Three months had gone by since I last saw Tristan, and while I was missing him like crazy, I had adjusted to my new life.

"Hi, daddy, " I greet shyly, bringing the most content grin to his face. I had my mother's eyes, other than that I looked like my father in nearly every way. Dad told me that if not for my eye color, I would be my grandmother's twin. That was why he'd stared at me the way he had the first time he saw me.

"I was able to get you that photoshoot for the Perfect Girl campaign, " Dad informed me after we hugged and he'd helped me into a chair across from his desk.

"That starts next month, " He said as he leaned against his desk with arms folded over his chest and legs crossed at the ankles. "And will be once a month after that for one year."

I nodded with a smile. "Ok dad sounds good," I replied.

"Once this campaign starts, you are going to become famous overnight. Are you ready for that?" He asked with a concerned frown. "Which reminds me, " He continued before I could answer, then walked behind his desk to grab his cellphone and punch in a number.

"You're going to need a bodyguard, I know one of the best," Dad told me with a grin on his face and the phone pressed to his ear. "Hey, Kyler, got a minute to talk?"

Dad could NOT be talking to Kyler Rochester, one of the most skilled bodyguards in the U.S. The guy was built like a football player and was hot to boot! Not that it mattered, he couldn't compare to Tristan. Whoa, knock It off fool! Tristan doesn't see me as more than a sister so I have to forget him.