•Chapter Nine• Madison

Andie

A few months before graduation, Genie and I were at the mall shopping for dresses. We found what we came for plus some other items we wanted, and were about to walk out with hands full of bags when this older guy stopped us. "Excuse me!" He called out as he hurried to catch up to us.

"What is it?" Genie asked impatiently.

The man had a strange look on his face when he looked at me and stared until I lifted an inquisitive brow. The way he was staring at me was creeping me out. "Uh, sorry." He said with a shake of his head. "I'm a talent agent." He explained with a smile. "The minute I saw you, " He continued as he fished out a business card from the breast pocket of his suit jacket and held it out to me. "I realized you had potential. Would you be interested in becoming a model or even an actress?"

I looked down at the card I now held and was surprised when I read it. The guy belonged to a famous talent agency, so I knew he had to be legit. Still, I'm not very trusting. "Uh, I never really thought about it," I said honestly as I looked back up at him.

"Well you should consider it, " He told me with a huge grin. "I think you could make It big If you wanted to. Think it over and give me a call if you find yourself interested, ok?" I nodded before Genie dragged me out of the building.

I didn't give it much thought for the next few weeks, I was too busy preparing for graduation. There was also the fact that Tristan had been acting strange and I couldn't help but wonder why. Was he worried about something? Or was it just a deadline for a new novel that had him preoccupied for a few weeks now?

Two days later, Tristan brought someone home with him. "Andie, this is Madison, " Tristan introduced her while looking at the girl with a smile. "She's my girlfriend and she's gonna be living with us."

I was shocked but put a smile on my face as I took her hand and shook it. "Hi Madison, it's nice to meet you. Welcome." I said as cheerfully as I could, then made some excuse and left them alone.

I pushed down my disappointment and worked on being friendly to her over the next few days. It wasn't her fault that I had feelings for Tristan, which he did not reciprocate. But from the moment Madison moved in, she was cold toward me. It became obvious she didn't want us to be friends and she didn't like me. As for Tristan, he acted indifferent to it all.

Madison was openly hostile when Tristan wasn't around, which made things tense in the house. Gradually the tension built up over the following weeks until it became unbearable. Then the week before graduation, the shit hit the fan, as they say. "Why are you still living here?" Madison asked quite rudely.

"Because this is my home!" I snapped. I was sick of her by this point.

"No, this is Tristan's house. Don't you think it's about time you be a big girl and stop mooching off him?" Madison demanded from the kitchen doorway, arms folded over her chest and a sneer on her face.

"What about you?" I asked. "It's obvious you're only with him for his money. Just because you spread your legs for Tristan, doesn't mean you need to live here you know!" I shouted at her, angry beyond words.

I heard footsteps in the hallway before Tristan came to a stop behind her, an angry frown on his face. "She's here because I asked her to move in AND she's my girlfriend! Why are you being such a bitch?" He asked before he stormed off, slamming his bedroom door. With a triumphant smirk, Madison followed after him.

**************************

I hope u guys enjoyed this chapter. Plz, leave a comment nd vote. Thanx bunches! :)