•Chapter Ten• Tension

Tristan

A few months before Andie graduated high school, I was feeling on edge. My new girlfriend Madison kept hinting that we should move in together, she said we needed to take our relationship to the next level. After two months of her whining, I finally gave in and brought her home to meet Andie.

Andie was her usual friendly self, while Madison acted the way she always does around other girls. I didn't worry about it because I knew Madison takes a little getting used to and with Andie being the sweet, friendly person she was, Madison would come around eventually. Or so I hoped. 

But as the weeks went by, Madison began pushing me to ask Andie to move out. She insisted that Andie was mean to her when I wasn't around and to be honest, I had a hard time believing that since Andie didn't have a mean bone in her body. Then I came home to find Andie yelling at Madison, which shocked me and made me think that perhaps Madison was right.

I didn't mean to call her a bitch, but I was sick of all the tension in the air and the constant crap that Madison kept telling me. I just wanted things to go back to normal and I wanted us to all get along. Was that too much to expect from the two ladies in my life? The entire situation was stressing me out.

I couldn't understand why Andie had yelled at Madison. Did Madison do something to Andie? Or was Andie just a bad apple who had been fooling me all these years? I wasn't sure what to think by this point. I'd never seen Andie be rude to anyone other than Madison. The more I thought about it, the more confused I became.

Still, I felt horrible about calling Andie a bitch, especially when I remembered the look of hurt in her eyes. I had never yelled, or gotten mad at Andie, no matter what she had done. So seeing her hurt because of something I did, ate away at me bit by bit. It didn't help that she was doing her best to avoid me, going as far as sleeping over at Genie's house a lot.

But one day, Andie came home early and ran downstairs to take a shower. Thirty minutes later, she came upstairs dressed to the nines in a pretty pink dress that hugged her curves just right, white and pink high heels, and a white clutch bag. She walked past the living room door to go into the kitchen. Moments later she came into the living room with a bottle of water and took a seat on the recliner.

"Looks like someone has a hot date, " Madison commented in a teasing voice, though the look on her face was anything but teasing. "When did you get a boyfriend?" She asked Andie. "And why have you been keeping him a secret?"

I was beyond shocked. It had never occurred to me that Andie had a boyfriend and that thought bothered me so much, I wanted to hit something. I wanted to break things, throw furniture around and even scream at the top of my lungs. I felt anger building inside me as Andie replied. "That's none of your business!" She snapped, irritated.

I jumped to my feet, startling them both. "I've had enough of your rudeness to Madison! It would benefit you to remember who's house this is, " I told Andie before I grabbed Madison's hand. "Come on, we're going out for dinner." I left Andie there without a backward glance.

**************************

Thanx for reading, plz comment nd vote. Thanx bunches! :*