•Chapter Twelve• Realization

Tristan

I didn't see Andie for the next few days and I figured she was laying low after what I said to her. Did I blame her? No. I had been an absolute jerk that day. But in my defense, I had a deadline coming up, and the tension in the house because of all the bullshit, had pushed me to my breaking point.

It was about a week after Andie's eighteenth birthday when It hit me. Her birthday had come and gone without the traditional celebration and I wanted to kick myself. What's more, I had yelled at her on her birthday, then left with Madison to eat out. I couldn't believe what a real ass I had been.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Andie's number to apologize, only to hear that it had been disconnected. I knew there had to be a mistake because I paid for her phone so it made no sense it would be disconnected. Suddenly I got this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that had me jump off the couch, dumping Madison's feet off my lap in the process. "What in the hell?" She cried out but I ignored her.

I made a mad dash to the basement stairs and practically flew down them to Andie's bedroom door. I knew Madison was hot on my heels, still, I ignored her as I busted through Andie's door to find the bed made and all of her property gone. I stood there for long moments in shock before reality hit me and dropped to my knees in disbelief. Andie was gone and I didn't even know when she left.

"No, " I softly murmured bringing my hands up to clutch my head. "This is not happening. Oh my God, please tell me this is just a bad dream!" I groaned out.

"Tristan, " Madison said in a dry tone. "Andie left you a note." She waved the paper in front of my face and I rudely snatched it out of her hands as I crawled over to the bed, then took a seat on the edge.

Hey Tris,

I wanted to thank you for all you've done for me since the day we met. You're one of the few people that never turned his back on me, or just up and left. Thank you for that. I truly appreciate you, more than I can ever say or express.

Please forgive me for any trouble I may have caused you and Madison, I never meant to become a burden for either of you. Madison was right when she hinted at it. I shouldn't have yelled at her for being honest. Please apologize to her for me.

I've found a place to live and a job, so, please don't worry about me. I'm going to be ok and I hope you will be too. Know that I will always love you and I wish you nothing but the best. Take care of yourself.

Love, Andie Spruce.

Waving the note in the air, I looked at Madison with a scowl. "What did Andie mean when she wrote, 'Madison was right when she hinted at it'?" I asked in an angry but calm voice. "And you better be honest with me, or I won't be responsible for what happens!" I rose to my feet, my frame towering over her.

By the look on her face, Madison was downright uncomfortable and would rather be anywhere else rather than here right now. "And don't think you're going to weasel out of it either! Start talking." I ordered sternly with my arms crossed over my broad chest.

**************************

Plz comment nd vote. Thanx tons! :)