•Chapter Sixteen• Seeing Her

Tristan

Before I knew what was happening, this muscular, walking wall had ripped my hand away from Andie's arm, pinned it behind my back, and wrestled me to the ground. I heard a gasp, which I assumed came from Andie, as I lay on the cold, unforgiving ground, one cheek pressed to the concrete, with the walking mountain down on one knee next to me.

"You messed with the wrong girl buddy, " Muscle-man growled somewhere above my ear. I was stunned at how fast he was for a walking mountain.

"Kyler, let him go!" Andie cried out anxiously but if anything, Hercules tightened his hold.

"It's my job to protect you, Andie, so no can do! He should have thought twice before touching you." This Kyler guy said matter-of-factly.

"If you don't tell him to let Tristan go, I will NEVER forgive you!" Andie said, and I assumed it was to the guy standing next to her, which was old enough to be her father. I knew that tone of voice, it's the same one she used before she dumped cold water on my bed and me all those years ago. Andie meant every word.

I heard a heavy sigh before the old guy spoke.
"You heard the lady, let him go, Kyler." There was a small grunt of disappointment before I was released.

Once the moving wall had moved away, I pushed myself to my knees and saw the old guy's hand was extended out to me. Grabbing hold, I allowed him to help me to my feet. Angie then leaned close to the guy and whispered something to him. He shrugged, looked at Kyler, and nodded toward the car.

Once they were out of hearing range, Andie looked dead into my eyes. "Just what is it that you want Tristan?" She asked with her head cocked to one side as she folded her arms over her chest. She had an emotion in her eyes before she quickly masked it with disinterest.

Andie looked like heaven to me at that moment, I wanted to crush her to me and carry her away. "I want you to come back home, " I blurted out.

By the way, her eyes grew wide for a moment, I knew I had surprised her but in the next instant, she was shaking her head no and dropping her hands to her sides. "That, I can't do Tris. Sorry, but we both know that place is your home, not mine. It was nice seeing you again but I need to go." Then she turned and started to walk away from me.

"Andie please!" I cried out as I dropped to my knees, I was not above begging. I didn't care if anyone saw me like this, I couldn't lose her. "Please don't leave me again, I can't bear it."

I scrubbed my hands over my face before looking up at her back to see her hands balled into fists as she stood there. "I'm such a fool, it took you leaving for me to realize the truth. I can't go another day without you Andie, please come home. I need you!" I finished in a choked voice as my head fell forward.

With my head down and tears leaking from my eyes, I failed to see her turn in my direction. I didn't see her walk toward me until her shoes were in my line of vision. I lifted my head until my eyes found her pleading ones. I knew what they were asking me for, and like always, I couldn't deny her what she asked.

"I'm in love with you Andie, " I informed her with all the feelings I felt for her as I reached up to cup her face in my hands and brought her head down to meet my lips in a sweet kiss. "Please don't make me live without you." With a soft sob, Andie wrapped her arms around my neck.

"What just happened?" The walking mountain asked loud enough to be heard a block away.

"It looks like we are excess baggage, my boy, " The old guy replied with a sigh making Andie and I laugh.