The Nightmares

:)
Y/n's pov:

It had been a few hours since I had last seen Loki.
That man had worse mood swings than me and that was saying a lot. What did he mean he never needed to hide from me?

It had taken me a few moments to understand what he was saying but before I could respond he was slamming the door behind him leaving me in the old storage room alone.

Dramatic much...

Did I hurt his feelings? He didn't give me the chance to say Anything so as far as I'm concerned it's a Loki problem.

The compound was surprisingly quiet but that was probably because it was nearly midnight. The lights were dimmed slightly in the hallways, just enough so I could see but the feeling that someone was watching me from the corners put me on edge.

I walked into the kitchen sliding past the counter to get through. I was happy stark had put my room so close to the kitchen because who doesn't want food at midnight?

The downside was that nobody else's room was near mine apart from the spare room and lokis at the end of the hall. Stark had asked if I wanted to be moved but although it was isolated it was nice. That's probably why they put Loki over here...to keep him away from everyone.

I slipped into my room crashing on to the bundle of blankets left scattered on my bed. A loud groan escaped my lips as I pulled myself up to get changed out of my clothes.

I grasped a large hoodie from the corner pulling it over my body before stepping out of my trousers. I flipped the lights off before running back to my bed to huddle under the covers. Yes, I had powers but did that mean I wasn't scared something would reach out from under my bed a grab me if I didn't get to the bed in time.

Definitely not! That is a completely rational fear...
Right?

Falling asleep was one of the best parts of the day, there is the cosy blankets, snug and safe, consciousness slowly falling away.

Lokis POV:
I know I shouldn't have left her there alone. I knew how much she hated the dark but I had to get out there. It felt like I was suffocating while waiting for her to say something. Anything.

It had been hours since I had heard her. I waited behind my door to keep out of her sight. Her footsteps relaxed me slightly. She was safe in bed.

I let out a breath I hadn't realised I had been holding. I sat in the corner of my dimly lit room pushing my dark hair out of my eyes, a book resting on my lap. Time passed quickly as I felt myself being pulled into the book more and more.

A sharp scream filled the air followed by shouting coming from down the hall.

Y/n's room.

There was something in that shout, a pain behind it. I threw myself on to my feet hurrying down the hallway to her door. The door rattled on its hinges, it slamming into the wall as I barged into it.

Y/n was laying on the bed tangled up in the covers as she fought in her sleep to get free from the restraint.
If the shouts were visible they'd be reaching over the air, strangling the life from y/n.She was gasping for air as I pulled the covers off her as thrashed around at me.