12. Maybe, Maybe, Maybe

Welcome back 🎉. I missed you.

Part Two of the USJ! The major plot points of this chapter were created while i was taking end of year exams so yikes for me. I wrote down little notes on the tracing paper i was given for math! Because even if i can't work out 3D Trigonometry, at least i can draft ideas for fanfiction :)

Anyway, I'm thinking of rewriting chapter two because i hate that chapter with a burning passion. It'll be easier to work around since we now know the names of most of the users.

Quick forewarning: Izuku's part is meant to be written like that, as he is, he's quite an unreliable narrator considering his situation. More on it at the end because spoilers ofc.  Also i didn't proof read this bc I'm sad 🌚 so ignore any mistakes.

Only 5000 words this time. Enjoy! 🤡

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The relief the first felt, as Nana and Daigoro descended from the heavens like two beautiful angels, was almost palpable. Why? Because he was powerless when he was alive, which meant being dead kinda left him worse off than before and since this purple fucking miasma decided to make it his life's goal to apparently kill a bunch of kids, the first was forced to help them not die using raw willpower and spite against his fuckass of a brother.

Oh his brother! How the First could rant and rave about about that fucking rat of a man ‐ the man who he's regretfully related to is genuinely more of a rat than the principal of UA. Now, you may be taken aback by the firsts colorful vocabulary regarding his brother, don't be misconstrued, he doesn't hate his older sibling; he never could bring himself to, even after the fuck fest that was the vault. The super villain just hasn't left him alone since he found out about the vestige world.

"Yoichi! I made you lunch!" The food isn't real and he happens to be deceased.

"Yoichi! Make sure you get your sleep." Again, dead.

"Yoichi! Give your older brother a hug!" He smells bad, even as a vestige.

"Yoichi! Your hair is getting so long, have you considered cutting it?" Does this motherfucker not get he's dead?

Yoichi this, Yoichi that!

Yoichi is fucking sick of his brothers babying. It was never this bad when he was alive. The first knows, his brother just feels guilty that his villainous actions lead to his death but fucking Hell. That was over a century ago! Yoichi knows better than anyone how to forgive and forget. If anything, his brother should be groveling to the other users he personally killed, especially Nana and definitely Izuku since this attack was so obviously planned using his brothers tacky schemes.

Life was really kicking his ass, and he didn't even possess it. Thirteen had gone down faster than his patience since the beginning of this attack and distantly, Yoichi saw the tiny figure of the Fourth carrying Izuku bridal style away from the violent lashings of black whip while the Sixth floundered around doing something, it was hard to tell from his vantage point atop the stupidly long staircase.

A particularly large glob of acid quickly made Yoichi's already sour mood worsen. Who were these darn kids fighting now? He knew Kurogiri was still monologing about taking out Thirteen (Yoichi will never not be disappointed actual villains did that, he thought it was just a comic thing) so it couldn't he him. Did a villain from the plazza manage to sneak up? That would be the cherry on the cake of misfortune for sure.

When another glob landed at his feet, Yoichi was surprised to see a hostile look in Mina Ashido's eyes, beneath a glaze of fresh tears she refused to shed. He was even more surprised to note such a hateful look was directed at him. More acid formed at the girls fingertips, an oozing purple goo of pure danger that spurred Yoichi into action. Everything was moving a bit too fast and there was no time to gather his thoughts; Why could Ashido see him? Does he really look like a villain? Would that be a compliment?