14. House of Flames

^ Just between you and me 🤫😩. Thanks for voting on ideas besties, i can't wait to publish this one so you better read it 😾. Not sure when I'll publish it though but suffer with the knowledge that it's soon and it'll be swag mk.

Like Happy Halloween tho - i dressed up as Kris from Deltarune wbu?

Also who knew year 11 would take my will to live and tap dance on it. To all my year 11 readers, good luck or whatever 🤠

As promised, today we have a backstory chapter woohoo! The hilarious thing is though, you have to remember all of the ghosty gang died at some point and the effects that had. This chapter is so fucking depressing holy moley-

Please do feel free to comment for your fucking life, it makes me laugh sometimes.

Enjoy this. That's a threat. Bye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The funny thing about almost dying, is that it isn't actually very funny at all.

But dying for real? Well that was just peak comedy.

As someone who recently almost kicked the bucket and still probably could at anytime, Izuku feels like his opinion is valid to consider. After all, it's not every day you collapse mid villain attack courtesy of some mystery ailment that came on so suddenly and with all the pent up aggression of a Kacchan locked in a box. There was no way Izuku could've even formulated a plan to combat it. One second he was running to save his teacher and the next he was on the floor, going through an unholy bought of amnesia.

See that, that is decidedly not funny in any way, shape or form. No matter how you slice it, the whole ordeal was actually quite tragic, maybe pushing sad. However, should he genuinely pass away right now, Izuku isn't sure if he could contain the side splitting laughter that would no doubt erupt from his undead essence. Because waking up meant consequences and consequences meant a migraine and there was no fun in that. Death brought no consequences, just a hollow sense of unaccomplished dreams. Haha. How funny.

For now though, Izuku's clogs remained firmly on his feet - totally unpopped. Teetering the line between life and death as if it were a simple tightrope over a foam pit. To say Izuku would be fine with falling either direction wouldn't be true. He wants to live but who wouldn't want a nap in his situation? The real world will be there until the end if time, why shouldn't Izuku take this moment to just not exist?

Whether or not time truly did exist in this peaceful rendition of purgatory, Izuku found a way to let it pass him by. Like letting ghosts through the door before you; there's a chance ghosts aren't real (a very low chance) but it feels good to be respectful anyway. And when Izuku finally felt well rested, he decided to take a crack at figuring out the weird sentient coma situation he was in.

Izuku knew he wasn't really awake yet, he also knew he was conscious. It made no sense but neither did literally anything in his life after meeting All Might. Seriously, it's almost as if he was the main character in a tv show that started when he got suicide baited. Haha, yeah, moving on. After the psychic beating he took at the USJ courtesy of the fates or something, Izuku was fully expecting to be in extreme agony or at least some level of pain right now. However, staring at the sanitary white ceiling of what appeared to be the infirmary, he felt decidedly numb.

Izuku knew modern medicine wasn't that good.

Numb was the pessimistic way of putting it though, a happier term would be floaty. Floaty because his limbs felt as if they had no weight to them, floaty because he didn't feel panicked by this strange situation. Just floaty. That was his first clue that things were off. Because unless Uraraka was currently sending him to mars, there was no reason Izuku should feel this way. Despite only having known Uraraka for a little more than a week, Izuku feels like she wouldn't do than unless he asked really nicely. So that theory was off the table.