Chapter Twenty Five - The Truth:

Nathan's POV:

I was on the couch, playing Assassin's Creed Unity. I already had about a good three to four cans of coke, so I was on a hype. The game was getting intense and my whole focus was on the tv screen. Well that was, until Tristan came along and stood right in front of it. Instead of telling him to move, I did what every eight year old does. I moved my head left to right to see if I could get a decent view of the tv. Sadly, that didn't work as he simply moved wherever my head went. Now I had to tell him.

"Tristan do you mind? I'm trying to play a game here."

"Oh I don't mind at all. In fact why don't you pause it so we can talk."

"Can it wait? I'm almost to the next level."

"I'm afraid not."

I paused the game as I could see he wouldn't move until I gave him what he wanted. Surprisingly, he sounded annoyed. Normally it was the other way around.

"Okay, what do you want to talk about?"

"So, how are things with you and Kayla?"

"Really? You made me pause my game for this?"

"Nathan just answer the question."

"Okay. Yeah I guess everything's going well."

"Guess?" He questioned.

"What do you want me to say Tristan? I haven't spoken to her in a while."

"Are you guys still friends?"

"Yeah?"

"Really? That's not what she said when I was with her this morning."

"Wait, you were with her? Why?"

"She was at the cafe along with her friends. It was awkward though as it seemed like she was trying to give me the cold shoulder."

"Why would she give you the cold shoulder? You're her best guy friend. Unless, Drew made her hate you too."

"Nathan be quite. Drew has done nothing. In fact, him and I have become really close friends. He's really cool and doesn't mind that Kayla and I are close. You on the other hand, I can see why he wants you to stay away from her."

"Tristan, how could you say that? You're actually believing this guy over your own brother. I just knew he was bad news from the moment I first saw him."

"I'm not trying to say that at all. When push comes to shove, I'm always on your side 'cause your my brother. Plus, he may have an issue with you, but Kayla is the main person who wants you to stay away at the moment."

"What? Why?"

"Because Nathan, obviously you've done something, once again, to ruin your friendship with her. Like come on. All you had to do was gain her trust again."

"I didn't ruin our friendship."

"Yes you did. She told me she hated you when I was with her. She also was talking about how you're trying to ruin her relationship."

I put my head down as I knew she was telling the truth. I just wanted to show her how I felt about her, but I just ended up ruining everything again.

Then I remembered something. She was telling him that I was ruining her relationship. But the question was, did she tell him how.

I put my head up and looked at him.

"Did she say anything else?"

"Well she was about to say something, but she stopped herself. She said you would try to ruin her relationship; even if it meant fin...and she stopped there."