Chapter Nineteen - All Wrong

Nathan's POV:

Today was Saturday, which meant today was the day I would put my plan into action. I already messaged Kayla, but of course not from my phone. You see, that was how I was gonna use Tristan. I had snuck into his room while he was taking a shower. Then I messaged Kayla from his phone. Clever right? I know. Now all that's left to do is get Tristan out the house. Mom and dad were in New York for a business trip. And my sister, she was out with her college friends. All I needed was to get rid of Tristan.

Once he was all dressed and stuff, I took action. I called my old pal Daniel. He didn't go to the same school as me, but we still managed to communicate and hang out sometimes.

"Hello?" He asked groggily.

"Umm...hey Daniel."

"Oh hey Nathan. What's up?"

"Nothing. Say you'll do me a favor, right?"

It was silent for a second, but then he spoke again.

"Yeah sure. What is it?"

"I need you to hang out with Tristan for the day."

"Okay? Why exactly?"

"Well, you remember that Kayla girl I told you about?"

"Oh yeah. The one who you screwed every chance to be with, right?"

"Shut up. Anyway, I have a plan. I want to get her to come to my house, but I want it to be just me and her. Mom and dad are gone already and so is my sister. So all I need is Tristan."

"Okay. So what exactly do I do? What do you want us to do?"

"I don't know. Walk around the mall or go someplace boys like. I just need him gone."

"Fine. I'll text him right now and invite him over."

"Great. He's probably gonna need your older brother to pick him up though."

"Okay whatever. You better hope he says yes. After all, he might want to stay home today."

"No he doesn't. He hates being cooped up in the house."

"Okay okay. Now hang up so I can text him."

"Okay."

And with that, I pressed the end call button. Excellent. Now everything is in order.

~ 4 minutes later ~

Tristan came running down the stairs with his phone in hand.

"Hey Nathan. Daniel just messaged me and asked to hang out. He also said his older brother would pick me up. Did he ask you?"

"Umm...no he didn't. Guess he just wants to hang out with you. It's okay though. I feel like staying home anyway."

"Okay. Well I'll see you later then."

We heard a car pull up to the drive way. So without looking at me, Tristan headed out the front door.

I quickly ran to the window and watched them drive off.

Kayla's POV:

I was on my phone texting Moe when I received a message from Tristan.

"Hey, can you come over to my house today. I want to talk to you.

- Tristan"

I didn't quite get why he did but I wouldn't say no. He is one of my best friends after all.