Chapter Seventeen - Afraid:

Kayla's POV:

As I walked through the school doors, I was afraid. The thought of running into Nathan was all I could think about. And after yesterday, I certainly didn't want to.

I walked through the hallways, being sure to check every corner. Well that is, until I heard someone say "Hi" from behind me. It scared me, as I thought that it was Nathan. But when I turned around, I was relieved.

"Thank goodness it's just you Drew."

"Yeah, it's just me." He said before kissing my cheek.

"So what's going on? You seem paranoid."

Wow. This boy knew me so well. I guess that's one reason why I chose him.

"Umm yeah...it's just..."

I was cut off by seeing my worst nightmare happen. I could see Nathan walking down the hall. And, to make it even worse, it was towards my direction.

"Kayla. You okay?"

"Umm yeah. Look, I'll talk to you later Drew. I got to go, bye."

And with that, I run down the hallway. There was no way I was going to take a chance of running into Nathan. Plus, I have a class with Drew later on. So I'm good.

~ I know it's been a long time since I've done Drew's POV. So without further ado, here's Drew's POV. ~

Drew's POV:

As Kayla ran off, I started to wonder. Why was she acting so paranoid? Was it something she had to do? Or maybe it was someone she was trying to avoid. I don't know but I wanted to figure it out. After all, I am her boyfriend and I want to make sure that whatever's bugging her is out of the way.

I started to head the way Kayla was going. I was going to figure out exactly what was bugging her. But out of no where, I'm stopped by the feeling of someone tapping me. And when I see who it is, I'm shocked as hell.

"Nathan! What do you want?"

"I don't want to bug you. Just need to know where Kayla is."

"Well I don't know. She sort of ran off after she saw something and wouldn't tell me where she was going."

"Ok. Well thanks anyway."

As Nathan left, I began to grow more curious. Once Kayla left, Nathan appeared. Was she trying to avoid him? Hmmm. I needed to know.

The first bell rang and I took that as I sign to head to first period. But I didn't have to worry. I would be seeing Kayla in third period. So all I had to do was let time fly.

Kayla's POV:

- Third Period -

I was about to walk into my third period class when I felt someone grab me and pull me along. I got scared, thinking it was Nathan, so I screamed. But that didn't help because he simply put one hand over my mouth.

- 2 minutes later -

We arrived at a janitor's closest. I began to scream louder and kick harder, but all he did was "shhh" me.

Once we were in the closest, he finally let me go. It was dark, so I couldn't tell who exactly pulled me in here.

"Whoever you are, your not funny. It's not cool to just take someone. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get to class."

"I think you'll be fine. After all, our art teacher will understand if we're a little late."

"Drew!"