Chapter Nine - The Surprise:

Kayla's POV:

   I was on my way to school when my mom decided to say,"I forgot to tell you. When you get home, there's something waiting for you."

   "Really. What is it?"

   "You'll find out when you get home."

   I pouted. I hated when she did this to me.

   We arrived at the school and I got out of the car. As usual, I waved goodbye to my mom and went in the school. I decided to head to my locker. When I opened it, a note fell out. I opened and read it.

   'Dear Kayla,

   I was just wondering if you would  be my date to the party on Saturday. Not like a real date, but as friends.You don't have to if you don't want to. It's just a suggestion. I also left you something behind your algebra binder. Enjoy.

   Sincerely, Drew.

   I looked to see exactly what he meant and there laid a beautiful, red rose. I then went blank. No one as ever done this for me before. It made me feel special.

   My thoughts were interrupted when I felt someone come up behind me.

   "Hey Kayla. What are you up to?"

   By the sound of his voice, I could immediately tell it was Tristan. I turned around to look at him.

   "Hey Tristan. Just reading this note."

   ''Uh huh. And I'm assuming that letter is a love letter.''

   "Why would you say that?"

   "Because you also have a rose in your hand."

   I looked down at the rose and back at him.

   "Oh yeah. Drew gave to me.''

   "Oh! An admirer I see."

   "No! He's just being nice. He asked me if I could go with him to the party this Saturday."

   ''So, it pretty much sounds like he's asking you on a date."

   I had to think about that for a second. Maybe this was considered a date. Should I really say yes? I still sort of like Nathan. But then again. Nathan is acting like a total asshole to me. I should go with Drew.

   Feeling Tristan tap me, I was released from my thoughts.

   ''Yeah. What?"

   "Nothing. You just zoned out for a minute."

   "Sorry. Just thinking about something."

   "Ok."

   Just then, the bell rung.

   "Well, I should probably go." he said.

   "Yeah. Me too."

   He hugged me and left. I liked the relationship I had with Tristan. He's actually turning into a really good, close friend.

   I looked at the rose and smiled. I think I was gonna enjoy the party on Saturday.

   - 3rd period -

   I walked in and was automatically greeted with a smile from Drew. He must of known I got the letter. And the proof was right in my hand.

   "You look lovely today."

   I immediately started to blush.

I then sat down and started to talk to him.

   "Thanks for the rose Drew. It's beautiful."