Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Good As Hell 

"Baby how you feeling? Feeling good as hell."

Melanie Beaumont 

I was in the middle of cooking when the girls had gotten home, their boyfriends following quickly behind them.

I had been trying to get on the girls good side for days but it seemed as though they were still hell bent on being bitchy. The boys were nicer, they held small conversations with me when the girls weren't around and checked in every once in a while which I actually appreciated.

There was one day when they didn't realize that I was home that they were all screaming their heads off. It was a pretty big argument, and it was over me. They just argued over how over dramatic and rude the girls were by shutting me out and refusing to talk or even look my way unless they needed to.

"Are you cooking for us?" Nico, who was Lori's boyfriend, asks and she gently smacks his arm, mumbling something about how he was being rude. I couldn't help but grin just slightly.

"No, I'm not." I say as a small sense of guilt washes through me. I was cooking for Rose and their little hang out. "I can if you guys are hungry though?" I offer. I had some time to spare and I didn't mind cooking a little more. It always brought a sense of comfort which I was desperately craving for.

"Uh, yes please, I am starving." Parker, Amber's boyfriend said while she rolled her eyes.

Out of all the girls I lived with, she probably hated me the most. Every time I walked into a room, I could feel her heated glare on me. Actually, I'm pretty sure that she hated everyone that wasn't her boyfriend.

"Um, what do you guys want?" I ask as I cover up the food that I made previously and stick it in the oven to keep it warm.

"What can you cook?" Jade asked, as she moved away from her boyfriend, Mark. She was a little nicer than the other two but I think she had a sense of loyalty to Lori and Amber so she sort of just followed their lead.

"A lot of things, just let me know what you're craving and I'm sure I could make something to soothe your stomachs." I replied which makes them crack a smile.

They all agree that they wanted Chinese so I ended up making honey garlic chicken bites with fried rice along with steamed veggies and peppered steak. I was thankful that I had enough food to make everything but I was also thankful when the girls offered to help.

It allowed us to bond a little more and the girls loosened up around me which I appreciated. Even Amber was being surprisingly nice.

"This all smells delicious, are you sure it's edible? Our girlfriends can't really cook." Mark says, in a teasing manner which earns him a couple of smacks from the other girls.

"We didn't do much, she did all of the hard stuff, we just washed the veggies and chopped things." Lori says with a small shrug.

"Why don't you guys try it and see if it's edible," I offer.

"You should grab a plate first, you were the one who made it after all." Nico says and the others nod in agreement.

A soft smile makes its way to my lips before I grab a plate and start to put some food on it, the others following quickly behind me. I made sure not to put too much food on my plate as I still had to go to Rose but just enough for me to be a little full.

"Wow, I think my mouth just had an orgasm," I hear Amber say and it makes all of us laugh. My cooking was something that I was proud of, I choose to believe that the skill came from my mother.