Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Carry You

"Let it lead your love away. I never strayed. Let it bury you away. In all your blame, in all your pain. I will carry you always."

Melanie Beaumont 

He didn't really leave. He came back around an hour or two later, his hair wet with a bag in his hands. I assumed he went back home and showered. We didn't talk the rest of the night. He worked on stuff on his laptop while I basically entertained myself and slept.

He didn't even bother trying to help me when I needed to use the bathroom. It wasn't until I was about to pass out again that he came rushing over as if he truly cared about me.

I ended up having to stay two nights as my temperature had spiked the first night that I woke up which wasn't a good sign I suppose.

"You ready?" Grayson asked as he looked up from his phone.

"Yeah, let's get out of here." I murmured as I stood on my own feet.

The doctors insisted that I take it easy. I couldn't read or do anything really. No television and just rest a lot.

"Come on." His hand made its way to my lower back, ready to catch me if anything happened, as he started to guide me in another direction.

The nurses waved excitedly at him as he passed by, to which he would wave back at with a soft smile. Some even stopped him for an autograph so he signed them and then we went on our way.

I forgot that this was his life. He was a professional athlete. Practically famous if anything and even if he wasn't an athlete, his dad was still making millions. More than I would ever make in my life probably. So for him, it was normal for him to be stopped for pictures and for autographs.

Word had gotten around quickly in the hospital that he was here and he was frequently staying with me which I figured since I was asleep for almost a week and then awake for the last two. Every once in a while, a nurse who I didn't know would pop in, review my chart, then ask for an autograph and picture. I found it a little unprofessional considering the fact that they weren't my nurse but Grayson didn't seem to mind so I didn't fight it.

"Get it." He pulled the passenger car door open and I glared at him.

"Where are we going?"

"To my place." I did not agree to that.

"What? Hell no. I'm going home. You said that you would take me home. If you don't take me home I'm not going with you. I can uber-"

"Shut the fuck up Mel, get in the damn car." He moved slightly so he was covering me, keeping me hidden from the group of people behind him and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"Grayson-"

"I will put you in the car myself, you have the easy way and the hard way," He huffs, crossing his arms as though he was speaking to a child. If he was trying to intimidate me, it wasn't working.

"I'll get in the car if she doesn't."

"I know right, I'm feeling quite famished myself." I rolled my eyes at the conversation between the two girls.

When I don't move, he takes a long and deep breath, even closing his eyes before he picks me up, placing me in the seat. I couldn't even fight him. He quickly buckles my seat belt before gently flicking my forehead, shaking his head, and shutting the door.

I went to open the door again but it didn't open. It was unlocked but wasn't opening.

"That bastard." I breathed out when I realized that he child-locked my side of the door. It just pissed me off more.