Chapter 6

Chapter 6: The Truth 

"I set fire to the glory. I set fire to the dream. I set fire to the only thing that lead me from the streets. Don't tell me it's over, 'cause I don't want to believe." 

Melanie Beaumont 

Days passed by and I hadn't received a call from Beth which I was actually a little bit thankful for. Quite frankly, I was not in the mood to hear her chatter.

I was in the middle of studying for school for an upcoming test when I could hear pounding from the door above along with shouting about who was at the door.

"Holy fuck, you're Grayson Aldine!" Huh? I was hearing shit. I had to be because there was no possible way that Grayson was here. He didn't even know where I lived. I was imagining stuff now. That had to be it. 

And then I heard his voice. "Where is she? Where's Melanie?" Fuck. Shit. Fuck. Oh no. Oh no no no. This was not happening. It couldn't be happening. Wake up Mel. 

And then I could hear his thundering footsteps from above and some yelling, as if my roommates were trying to stop him from barging down here. This wasn't a dream. He was actually here. 

Oh no. I scurried out of my seat and grabbed my phone, shoving a couple of things into my bag. 

"Fuck, where are my keys?" I pulled my comforted off my bed, shaking it and my keys dropped to the ground. How the hell did he even manage to find me? I blocked his number for crying out loud.

I quickly slipped on a pair of shoes before I started rushing out of my room.

"Mel!" I heard him shout out just as I was running out of the back door, my shoes barely on my feet.

And just when I thought that I had managed to get away, I felt someone grab the hook of my backpack, pulling me back and pinning me against the car door.

Grayson stood in front of me, anger and almost a flash of disbelief in his eyes as he glared at me. Yeah, running wasn't exactly the best idea but who gives a fuck, if it kept me away from him, I would run forever.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks, his voice holding a certain edge to it as I inspected his face.

Fuuuuuuck when did he get hot? He was more than hot. He was hawttttttt. I didn't even want to think about how he looked but I couldn't stop myself. He was everything that I wasn't. 

Beautiful. 

Strong. 

Angry. 

He was not the kid that I remembered him to be. I hadn't seen him in years other than on TV every once in a while but I never paid any attention to it and it was crazy to think how much he'd actually change. You know that saying where people always look different in person than social media? Yeah, this was one of those moments.

He was tall, which I figured considering the fact that he was always taller than me when we were kids. His once warm golden brown eyes were now stone cold as every piece of his body was pressed against mine and I could feel how muscular he was. His face was defined now, it was no longer round and pinch-able but I could still see his dimples popping out from his cheeks.

He made me feel electric. 

"Get off of me!" I attempt to shove him back but he doesn't move. He was panting heavily, probably from running after me. A professional athlete my ass. He barely even ran after me and he was out of breath? What a joke.