𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

Outfit up top but the shirt isnt a crop top coz ya know...gotta b realsitic abt bruises n shit.

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"What do you wanna know, pumpkin?" Damon said with a hint of exhaustion in his tone and plopped down next to Kenna on the bed.

"Oh come on, Damon. Something happened and you're not telling me." Then she added on a lighter note, "I just wanna know what it is so I can tell you how much of a dumbass you are for whatever it is you did this time."

Damon huffed and ran his fingers through his hair and seemed to silently contemplate for a minute while Kenna waited for him to gather his thoughts.

This was the side of Damon so few had seen. The vulnerable side, in which he truly let himself feel and be human despite his nature and callous attitude.

Kenna had befriended him soon after her emancipation and at first it was a was just to spite her parents, who despised vampires but she quickly began to enjoy his company and the adventures they'd often go on and somewhere along the way they'd developed a bond so strong that nothing could ever really come between them.

It was a friendship built on trust and respect. And genuine happiness.

The subtle irony of the overall dynamic of relationships in her life didn't escape her.

When Damon finally spoke, Kenna listened intently, desperate to see that stupid smirk of his. He spoke of the effect of not having Stefan around and how he needed his brother and the fact that everyone around him thought of him as some uncontrollable, bloodthirsty monster.

But what he said next is what left Kenna gaping.

"I attacked Caroline's dad."

"You-What?" Kenna sputtered out.

Damon turned to look at her from his reclining position on the bed and the sadness in his eyes had Kenna wishing she hadn't just worded those two words so harshly and so, she added more softly, "Why?"

"He was giving the Sheriff ideas about adding vervain to the town's water system and I thought-" He stopped to take a small breath, "I don't know. I don't know what I was thinking. I just panicked and it's been a pretty crappy week, what with the cold trail and all and I just-" another pause and he said, "I just lashed out."

Kenna wrapped her hand around his and asked, "what happened next?" She was letting him talk it all out - because there was definitely more. Get the whole thing out of his system so he could have a clear mind and she'd have a clear picture.

"Caroline came. Stopped me from killing him and then we fought."

At that, Kenna furrowed her brows in confusion. Sure, the two had seemed a bit off  but nothing too extreme.

Damon answered her silent question with a simple, "for you, pumpkin." He squeezed her hand, "anything for you". At this Kenna's heart warmed. She didn't deserve such amazing friends and it broke her heart that they'd fought.

One glance at Damon bought her out of her thoughts and she shoved him slightly, "What are you not telling me?"

He once again huffed, "so bossy," and ran his fingers through his hair again.

What was it with guys and constantly messing their hair up?

"Elena is the one who thinks I'm some ripper who needs Stefan to keep me in check. And no, the irony of it has not failed to escape me."

Elena Gilbert. The second doppelgänger to have the Salvatore brothers wrapped around her little finger. Honestly, Kenna could see why.

Elena was beautiful with a strikingly charismatic personality that just seemed to draw people in. She was everything Kenna wished she was.