𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

"𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈."

Friday was spent desperately waiting for Saturday to come around. The intial 'yay we're back at school' excitement had worn off, plagued instead by more assignments than I could handle.

I spent the entirety of the afternoon getting started with them and when I finally came out of my room, I remembered there was nothing cooked for dinner; that there was a disgusting blood stain still on the living room rug and I had yet to buy Tyler's birthday gift.

Oh and, Klaus bloody Mikaelson was still living under the same roof as me. Fucking parasite. I hadn't seen him since dinner yesterday though, which was good although, considering that he's probably out there fucking around with my friends' life, maybe not.

Tyler was in the living room watching a football match while simultaneoulsy typing away on his phone and ignoring the big red splotch on the rug. I've decided to temporarily ignore it too because, ew, I really can't be bothered to scrub that crap off right now.

"Is dinner ready?" Tyler asked, dragging his attention from the phone. I drew my own gaze off from the tv. Football can be mildly entertaining at times.

"No, I was actually about to ask if you wanted to just order? I'm swamped with work right now."

He frowned. "Can't you just make your lasagna? It doesn't even take that long."

Is he joking. It takes two full hours.

"Yeah, okay sure," I reply with a defeated smile. It's fine, I'll just work on the remaining assignments while the pasta boils and bakes.

I spend the next hour and a half, moving between my makeshift study area on the kitchen counter and the opposing counter with my cooking mess. Once the lasagna is finally in the oven, I plop down on to the barstool and get started on the history essay.

At some point, my thoughts drift towards Klaus and Damon and Caroline and Tyler's strange behaviour. I really don't know how I'm going to be able to keep this hidden from them. What if they find out and it ruins our friendship?? Or maybe Klaus will just kill me before that could even happen.

Yeah, that'd probably be better.

I've only just forced myself to bring my attention back to my work when I hear the front door slam shut.

"Something's burning."

My eyes widen and I jump up, remembering at the last second to pull on oven mitts. I hastily pull the lasagna dish out of the oven, nearly slamming it on to the counter. Inspecting the sides and and gently lifting the dish to see the bottom, I'm relieve to find no overly browned edges.

Thank god.

Working on something for so long only for it to be ruined? Not pleasant. Hearing Tyler's 2 cents on this? Also not pleasant.

I look up to see Klaus staring at me with a half amused expression. His gaze drifts towards the lasagna and he raises and eyebrow. "What are you, italian?"

"Hm, half." Not that it's any of his business. Okay, that's rude. He just saved my food.

"Huh. You don't look italian."

"Half." I remind him.

He rolled his eyes. "Well, you needn't sacrifice your food for me today. I bought my own," he says with a mocking smile.