𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

I don't know how long I've been asleep when a loud knock on the door attempts to rouse me. I ignore it, pulling the pillow above my head and the rapting gains momentum. 

"Kelly, don't tell me you're dead in there," Klaus (of course) yells through the door. And then resumes practically breaking down my door. 

I endure for as long as I can, squeezing my eyes shut in annoyance, fatigue and stubbornness before I finally groan and give up. I get out of bed and open the door with more than a little passive aggressiveness.

"What do you want," I demand, rubbing my eyes. 

"Were you sleeping?" He has the nerve to look genuinely confused. 

"Obviously," I bite out. 

"Asleep in the afternoon; running before dawn. Interesting routine," He mused, eyeing my now wrinkled running gear. 

"Oh, shut up." 

"Touchy," he remarked. 

"Oh, sorry, I can't adapt to your psychotic mood swings." 

"All in good time, love." And then he winked. My glare hardened. 

I cross my arms and lean against the door. "Are you going to tell me why you woke me up or can I go back to sleep?" 

"Right. Have you done the spell yet?" He inquired. 

"Why? I thought you didn't care about the spell." 

"I don't." He narrowed his gaze. "Are you going to tell me if you've done the spell yet or not? 

"Are you going to be paranoid and accuse me of shit I didn't do again?" Because sue me, it's getting on my nerves. 

He shrugged. "Only if the opportunity presents itself." 

I roll my eyes. "Haven't done it yet." And because I can see he's about to ask, "Ran out of magic." There's something a little humiliating about the admittance. "I was going to wait for Tyler, but I guess, I could siphon from you?" 

"Now, here I see An Opportunity arising." 

"You can't seriously be this paranoid," I deadpan. 

"You can't survive a thousand years without picking up a few good habits," He retorts but turns around leading the way to the front door, anyways. 

I follow along with a little huff of annoyance, remembering to grab the grimoire from my table before doing so. 

"How exactly does this little spell of yours work?" Klaus inquired, eyeing the line of salt with incredulity. 

"It's very similar to the way vampires naturally have to gain permission before entering a human's house. This just applies to everyone. And of course, once permission has been given, it can't be revoked. The spell would have to be done again," I explained, thoroughly. 

"Hm." Apparently satisfied, he held out his hand, palm upturned. I analyse the arrangement one last time. Hair still in its position; the salt line intact. 

Equally satisfied, I reached out for his hand. My eyes lock with his in a silent question of permission to find his gaze already intent on me. I'm struck suddenly with the sense of deja vu as my mind falls back to the night Tyler was turned and I resist a shudder. 

Ignoring his piercing eyes and the feel of the rough calluses on his hand, I begin to channel power from him. Slower at first, to test the waters and then swiftly until my reserves are filled. 

His skin hasn't begun to even slightly pale yet, with the hints of the beginning of decimation so, I place my other hand on the amulet and fill that directly with his plower, too. Oddly enough, he doesn't seem to mind.