𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

♕︎
𝓢𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓼 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝔂 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 
𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔀𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓶𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮
♕︎

Tyler is dead.

I heard a thud and looked down to see the bag in my hands had tumbled to the floor.

After that, I couldn't comprehend anything. My mind registered Elena leaning over Tyler, now rushing towards me. 

She was saying something. Soothingly rubbing my back.

I saw Bonnie and Matt. The former was able to put her prejudices aside for our mutual friend. 

Then she left.

All while I was just standing there. Time was at a standstill and yet still moving too fast for my comprehension. A blur. A haze.

I finally let my eyes lift from Tyler and to Elena, softening at the worry evident in her expression.

And then I saw him. 

Klaus bloody Mikaelson. He was standing right over Tyler's body, a devilish smirk taunting his lips as he cocked his head. 

"And who might you be?" His husky voice drawled out.

I just blinked. 

Slumped onto the floor.

And it all came pouring in. Every thought I'd had about Tyler. About anyone. Everything. My mind was abuzz. Thoughts a flurry of emotions because-

Because what I was feeling was wrong.

I was upset. I was angry. And my heart was aching.

So then, why was some sick part of my mind happy?

Why was there a sense of freedom?

This was Tyler's body lying inches from me. Dead. Tyler was dead. Tyler who I loved and who I knew loved me back. Tyler who had been through everything with me. Tyler who gave me a reason to live.

But he was also the Tyler who made me bleed. He was the reason my skin had colourful bruises dancing across it. Why my throat itched and my voice was raw when I sometimes awoke to bloody sheets and excruciating pain.

This was also the Tyler who made me wish I was dead. 

And I think that's really the first time I put any thought towards it. Slumped on the floor near my boyfriend's dead body, his killer, and my friend, my brain was perhaps finally catching up to the events of two years. 

Do I deserve to ever have been treated the way I have?

Do I want Tyler to live?

He hurts me. Every single day of my miserable life. And at what cost? 

The prospect of being loved? Acceptance? Do I deserve even any of those things?

And regardless, was I really getting any of that from him? Does he even love me? 

And then the stupidity of my thoughts caught up with me. Tyler loves me. Of course, he does. 

He's been there with me through everything and I'll always be grateful. Without him, where would I be?

Everyone has flaws and he's working on his. What more can I possibly ask for -- that too as a mutated freak.

Of course, I want him to live.